Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I don't understand

edited November 2010 in Philosophy
Sorry I wasn't sure where to put this so I decided to put it here. Anyway, since I've started practicing Buddhism (about a year ago) I've started to notice that I don't really understand peoples emotions sometimes. I mean I'm really starting to notice how insane people are. Even my family, their crazy 0_o lol. But I was just wondering how normal this is, or am I just the crazy one lol.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    The more you start to know, the more you realize how others don't know. The only problem is don't let your ego overlook what others do know. People are what they are because they have strong beliefs, sometimes these beliefs are right, other times wrong. Be like the Buddha and analyze people's beliefs, either true or false, if they are true, accept them, if they are false, reject them. Even a crazy person has a few truths stuck in there, the point is to differentiate between what is true and what is false.
  • BonsaiDougBonsaiDoug Simply, on the path. Veteran
    edited November 2010
    filosophia wrote: »
    The more you start to know, the more you realize how others don't know. The only problem is don't let your ego overlook what others do know. People are what they are because they have strong beliefs, sometimes these beliefs are right, other times wrong. Be like the Buddha and analyze people's beliefs, either true or false, if they are true, accept them, if they are false, reject them. Even a crazy person has a few truths stuck in there, the point is to differentiate between what is true and what is false.
    Good advice. It really is a fine line to travel between what we think we know,
    and what we think others do not. And between what we should and shouldn't
    share, Dharma-wise, with others.

First-and-foremost, be true to yourself and your path.

The Buddha tells us:

Vigilant among the negligent,
    Wide awake among the sleeping,
    The wise one advances
    Like a swift horse leaving a weak one behind.
    - The Dhammapada (29)