Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Illuminati

ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
edited November 2005 in Faith & Religion
I must say after years of mistaking them for what they are not... I realized yesterday that the general public's opinion of them is very, very wrong. The One Brotherhood of Illuminati recently has unveiled the secrets of the real Illuminati kept hidden from us for centuries... And I realize they have kind of a different aim from the other NWO, government conspiracies and such...

I started out from here, check out the Flash movie, it's good...
http://illuminati-order.com/index.html

After cross-checking with other sites of the same genre I think that I owe the Illuminati an apology for always thinking that they are bad company. One site listed the Buddha as a possible Illuminati...

http://www.illuminati-secret-societies.com/illuminati-member-list.html

This isn't the issue here but it really tells us alot about what it really teaches. I'm not sure about most of us here, but I think I'm the only guy here who always mistook the Illuminati for bad guys.

Anyway is the Illuminati Order a philosophy, an ideology, a religion, or is it just another way of life like Buddhism?

Comments

• SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited November 2005
    ajani_mgo wrote:
    I must say after years of mistaking them for what they are not... I realized yesterday that the general public's opinion of them is very, very wrong. The One Brotherhood of Illuminati recently has unveiled the secrets of the real Illuminati kept hidden from us for centuries... And I realize they have kind of a different aim from the other NWO, government conspiracies and such...

I started out from here, check out the Flash movie, it's good...
    http://illuminati-order.com/index.html

After cross-checking with other sites of the same genre I think that I owe the Illuminati an apology for always thinking that they are bad company. One site listed the Buddha as a possible Illuminati...

http://www.illuminati-secret-societies.com/illuminati-member-list.html

This isn't the issue here but it really tells us alot about what it really teaches. I'm not sure about most of us here, but I think I'm the only guy here who always mistook the Illuminati for bad guys.

Anyway is the Illuminati Order a philosophy, an ideology, a religion, or is it just another way of life like Buddhism?

Thank you for the laugh, Ajani.
  • edited November 2005
    That second site has a link to a page where you can buy Illuminati gifts.
    I particularly liked the Illuminati T-shirt for dogs ! :crazy:

I was reading the bit about the history of the Illuminati and then it started going on about Atlantis. Is it just me that thinks that as soon as an obscure sect or New Age belief is looking for validation in the mists of time they tend to put it's origins in Atlantis?

"Oh yes, the Brotherhood Of Patagonian Nose Flutes was started in Atlantis eons ago. No I can't give you proof as it's a secret but the origins were channeled to me by my spirit guide Jebediah, so there!"

Perhaps I'm just getting too cynical as I reach middle age !

Adrian
  • Argon.AidArgon.Aid Veteran
    edited November 2005
    So you mean Ajani,

All those time you were telling us about the illumati was all fake?
    Or distorted?
    or wrong?
    now I am confused..:confused:
    edited November 2005
    The Illuminati are as real as the Priory of Sion.
  • edited November 2005
    wtf is illumati?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2005
    Oh, Nirvananoob, you just have to go to the links ajani supplied - it's a giggle!!
  • Argon.AidArgon.Aid Veteran
    edited November 2005
    Still figuring that out NirvanaNoob..Dun worry..Same boat as me..

Siomnpilgrim..your post still confuses me..

The Priory of Sion is real?!I thought it was just a group that was invented for the sake of the story..like some Justice League..

Man..now i am doubly confused..:confused::confused:
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited November 2005
    Nah... The Priory was a falsely-documented organisation forged by I think a Frenchman in the early 20th century... It is pure fiction... And yes, the Illuminati does raise some controversial stuff that's like well, fiction, but I guess their ultimate goal is very good isn't it?

Sometimes free speech sucks, when you start visiting pure propoganda sites... Can't believe I was fooled for years by some of those sites around preaching the evils of the Illuminati...
    edited November 2005
    Argon.Aid wrote:
    Still figuring that out NirvanaNoob..Dun worry..Same boat as me..

Siomnpilgrim..your post still confuses me..

The Priory of Sion is real?!I thought it was just a group that was invented for the sake of the story..like some Justice League..

Yes, Argon, the Priory is a fiction, as is the 'historical' Illuminati. By all means claim great minds of the past as your inspiration but there is no need to invent a secret society to link them. We are all linked, knowing it more or less, by the Dharma, which is the overarching truth of all that is, in samsara and beyond.

Look again at the list of "Illuminati". Are the secret? underground? No, they are the minds which have helped to clarify truth to us all.
  • edited November 2005
    Argon.Aid wrote:

Don't worry Argon, it's just our British sense of humour.
    I believe Simon meant that the Illuminati are as real as the Priory Of Sion, who are fake.
    Therefore he is saying that the Illuminati don't exist, they're just an organisation dreamt up by conspiracy theorists.

Simon, please correct me if I've interpreted this wrong!

Adrian
  • edited November 2005
    Actually the Priory of Sion is real. I've been to Sion (in Switzerland) and met the prior himself (or was that part of the dream when I met Joseph of Aramathea at Glastonbury)
    edited November 2005
    Frizzer: Spot on!

Digger: you clearly have peculiar dreams!
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited November 2005
    I guess the Illuminati was invented in the first place to blame everything of the world on something else other than the US President, much like Hilter's lousy treatment of the Jews, except that the Illuminati were fictional. Then some idiot just tried to hey, it's kinda fun, I'll play along, and create a good version of the Illuminati...

Well, digger, the day you dream about him again, tell him that I'm signing up for a two-year membership for him!
  • edited November 2005
    Angels and Demons by Dan Brown is a suspenseful, fictional book about the Illuminati. In this very exciting novel, a terrorist group calling itself the Illuminati threaten to destroy Vatican City.

Although it is fictional, the book explores the legend, myths, and facts about the Illuminati!

By the way, the Illuminati legends can be traced back to the Crusades in Europe and Asia Minor. Other legends of the society appear during the Enlightenment Age in Europe with Galileo.
    edited November 2005
    KofB,

It's one thing to enjoy Dan Brown's fiction but quite another to take it as history.

The appeal to spurious history is an old literary device. Are you convinced that the Necronomicon is a real book, or do you realise that it was an invention of H. P. Lovecraft? J. R. R. Tolkien invented all sorts of 'references' but it still doesn't make Mordor a real place.

Similarly, the Illuminati are a fictional invention.

P.S. Galileo died a century before the Enlightenment.
  • edited November 2005
    In Wales I am told there is a small but elite group called The Taffery. Ruthless in the way the persue their goal of power and wealth. I believe they have a headquarters down Tiger Bay in Cardiff. I don't believe Shirley Basey has anything to do with them anymore.
    Have any of you heard about these guy's.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2005
    Well I've searched the 'net high and Lowgh, and can find nothing..... maybe they're so secret, even THEY don't know anything about it....? :buck: :p
    edited November 2005
    In Wales I am told there is a small but elite group called The Taffery. Ruthless in the way the persue their goal of power and wealth. I believe they have a headquarters down Tiger Bay in Cardiff. I don't believe Shirley Basey has anything to do with them anymore.
    Have any of you heard about these guy's.

I have heard the term, or something like it, used before, HH. It wouldn't entirely surprise me. In the North, we used to refer to the Preston Catholic Mafia and, round here in Gloucestershire, you can find such groupings of families. I imagine that it is similar to tribal arrangements that date back to the time when family and clan were primary .

At the margins of English, Protestant domination of these islands, the marginalised have always organised themselves. Catholics in Preston, controlling much of the wealth of the town but still outsiders by race and religion; Welshmen (Taffs) who can never pass as English and, thus, will never be taken seriously by Westminster; feudal-minded farmers and landowners in Gloucestershire who despise the post-1918 world (look at the Beaufort Hunt).