Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

bad feeling

ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
edited November 2010 in General Banter
Hello virtual Sangha :)

I am due to head back to England early December for christmas and to see many people who I have not seen for nearly a year. Well, everybody I had ever had a friendship or some kind of relationship with apart from the one friend who came here with me.
I like flying a lot, I like heights and have never had a problem with flying in my entire life. However, I have a really bad feeling about this trip for some reason. I cannot put it down to anything specific, and it is probably irrational, but I have this overall guy feeling that is almost strong enough to make me contemplate going back by sea O.o

Comments

• Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Perhaps it is more anxiety of meeting these people you haven't seen in a long time?
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited November 2010
    yea perhaps it is that. I think also that there were 2 recent bombs placed on planes which did not go off by terrorists, one on a UPS cargo plane, and the other was on a qatar plane, which is the company I used to get to thailand and the one I was going to use to get home. Things always go down during xmas with regards to that and I am making 2 trips, so I think it has something to do with it also
  • andyrobynandyrobyn Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Hi there Tom, Flying does seem more perilous just now to me also , although the concept of something so big and heavy ever getting up and staying up let alone flying through the air is still a big giggle really, isn't it? :)
    Even Qantas, my preferred airline, with it's safety record, has had problems with the A380 engines in the past few weeks - still many flights continue as I type.
    edited November 2010
    hmm, well the laws of physics are pretty basic to why these heavy humps of metal manage to seamlessly fly everyday, but yes, the amount of flights that do crash is of a minuscule number. It is just a tad random because I have always loved flying and have never had a bad notion with regards to it. owel, what ever happens happens right :)
  • MountainsMountains Veteran
    edited November 2010
    As is always pointed out, you're in *much* greater danger statistically speaking getting *to* the airport than you are flying on the airplane. And then there's getting home from the airport, which statistically doubles your chances of an accident. Given the amount of piracy on the high seas between Thailand and the UK, I think I'd walk or drive before I'd go by sea.
    edited November 2010
    lol. I could rent out a motorbike and literally drive back, that would be a trip and a half. Thanks for the logic mountains