Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

For a friend.

edited November 2010 in Buddhism Today
I don't know if this is in the right forum or not, if not then my apologies.

A close friend of mine has just heard that her Grandmother has passed away. She was very elderly and had been suffering through a long sickness... yet it has still hit my friend very hard. She says she doesn't understand why she is so upset at the death of someone she hardly knew. We often don't realise quite how much people mean to us while they are still around.

I am sadly not with her in person to give support, but I am doing my best to give her a shoulder to lean on. After all, what else can one do in these situations but try to relieve the suffering as best one can?

So I would ask everyone who reads this to keep my friend in your thoughts and in your prayers. Should you happen to believe in rebirth, then please pray for her Grandmother to have happy one.

All things must pass away. So plant the seeds of love, wisdom and compassion while you have the chance.

Thank you.

_/|\_

Comments