Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

When science and Buddhism Meet

JakbobJakbob Explorer
edited November 2010 in Buddhism Today
Hello Sangha :)

How are you all doing? I tonight had come across a pair of videos posted on a blog by someone I know. They are called, When Science and Buddhism Meet. It was quite amazing to watch them and really fascinating to me. I thought I would share this with anyone who might find it interesting also and share their own views? Both videos are 10 minutes so I understand if no one has the time at this moment.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj_i7YqDwJA&feature=&p=613EF2E6EC1BF68F&index=0&playnext=1

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlmrHMBW36w&feature=related

Comments

• CloudCloud Veteran
    edited November 2010
    I'ma check those out. Thanks Jakbob.
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Thank you!
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Alrighty finally got a chance to watch these! Interesting correlations drawn that pique curiosity, that's for sure. Still quite a bit of theoretical conjecture and uncertainty in the factuality of some of the science, but what can ya do? Science moves ever further away from the here and now, into the realm of dreamers and philosophers; it's always been linked, perhaps in quantum entanglement lol, with the awe-inspiring possibilities that speak to the hearts and minds of the scientific community. I really felt a connection with the last part of the second vid, where it spoke about how we might change as a species to come into accord with a new view of reality; that's no doubt where we need to go if we should all awaken and live each moment fully and free.

Thanks again for the links to the vids!