Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I feel like a loser

edited January 2006 in General Banter
Things are going better eversince Ive been out of the hospital and taking the meds but there is one thing that I think about alot. At school there is this girl I talk to everyday and I made a note for her expressing how im crazy about her but im afraid to give it to her. The idea of giving it to her scares me to death.

Comments

• MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited November 2005
    What does it say?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2005
    Nirvananoob, why are you scared? What are you scared of? Rejection?
    'He who deliberates fully before taking each step will spend his entire life on one leg'.
    Sometimes you just have to take your courage in both hands and "plunge it into the Heart of Fear". And if she accepts you, fine. if she rejects you, also fine. At least the unknown will be gone. And then you can move on. Faint heart ne'er won fair lady..... Go for it. and if she says no, it's her loss.

Magwang....Your Avatar......!! post-771-1122354339.gifpost-771-1122354339.gifpost-771-1122354339.gif
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited November 2005
    Dude, I'm 22 and I've still never succeeded in being that bold. It would've scared me to death too. If you can stomach it, I'd go ahead and do it anyway. If you don't though... don't worry about it :) Its about as normal as being scared of skydiving.
  • Argon.AidArgon.Aid Veteran
    edited November 2005
    NirvanaNoob..I suggest you ust go for it..Myabe through note or thorugh msn or through voice..any moethod wil do..Nothing ventured nothing gained..Do you think I wait till the gilr come and talk to me?

See of it this way.If you never try,you got 0 chance of getting accpeted.But if you try you got half a chance of getting accepted.

If you make a mess of things you get a quarter of a chance,you go up there like a pro,she is yours,average,maybe around 3/4 you get accepted.

Am I confusing you?Because I myself is confused..:lol:

:thumbsup: Good Luck!Tell me the outcome..:)
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited November 2005
    Sometimes in life you just have to grow a set. That's how I got my wife. I was always too shy to say anything and I never got anywhere with girls. After I said "fuck it" I started getting girls left and right. I realized that they are just like us with the fears and things of that manner.
  • edited November 2005
    I say go for it!! Most girls would be flattered to receive a note like that. What's the worst thing that could happen?? She could be the kind of girl that would make fun of you for doing something like that, but, if she is that way, then do you really want to be with her anyways??
  • edited November 2005
    Thanks for the advice YogaMoma, I think I finally have enough confidence to give it to her. Also its good to have you back. Where were you?
  • edited November 2005
    Thanks - it's good to be back on here. I really don't have a great excuse, like being out of the country or anything...just busy with life! :)

Keep us posted on how things go for you!
  • edited November 2005
    I might just post my note to see if anyone thinks its good... Im still working on it.
  • edited November 2005
    Im too lazy to put all the details but It has one of shakespere's sonnets (sonnet 18) and then it has this song called This Flesh is a Tomb by my favorite band atreyu and it has an origonal poem made by me called "The Flight of the Pheonix" that Im still working on....
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited November 2005
    NirvanaNoob -

Here are some great pick up lines that you might want to incorporate into your poem. I've loved using thse - although I'm still having a hard time figuring out why I'm single even when using these gems.

-bf

Are you from Tennessee? Because you're the only ten I see!
    Did you clean your pants with Windex? I can practically see myself in them
    Do you want to see something swell?
    Hi, will you help me find my lost puppy? I think he went into this cheap motel room across the street.
    Are those space pants? Cuz your ass is out of this world!
    Hey baby, let's play house, you can be the door and I'll slam you!
    How do you like your eggs cooked? Why? Well I just wanted know what to make for you in the morning!
    I like your butt, can I wear it as a hat?
    I think I could fall madly in bed with you.
    That's a nice shirt, it would go great with my floor.
    Are those lumber jack pants your wearing? They are giving me a wood.
    I have a six inch tongue and I can breath through my ears.
    Hey I'm looking for treasure, Can I look around your chest?
    If you're going to regret this in the morning, we can sleep in until the afternoon.
    So, are you going to give me your phone number, or am I going to have to stalk you?
    Do you know how to use a whip?

You any of these you wish to.

-bf
  • edited November 2005
    NirvanaNoob - I can pretty much guarantee that if you use ANY of those lines provided by the "not so smooth" Buddhafoot, you will be single forever.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited November 2005
    Perhaps my own pick-up line is better for the older, more experienced couple! I am sure I need not repeat it.
    edited November 2005
    Perhaps my own pick-up line is better for the older, more experienced couple! I am sure I need not repeat it.

Yours was included, my friend.

-bf
  • edited November 2005
    And I know which one Simon's was!!
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited November 2005
    Ah yes! Sorry! Missed it.
    edited November 2005
    I gotcha covered...

-bf
  • edited November 2005
    Buddhafoot you are fraking hilarious!!! Anyway I know you where joking but if I used those I probably would get smacked. lol:bigclap:
  • edited November 2005
    I finished my poem here it is.

The Flight of the Pheonix

You sparkle with a radiance like the heavenly streets of gold as it reflects the light of glory in the heavens, Your beauty is like cherry blossoms swaying in the breeze, Beautiful yet mysterious like a cool Autumn day As It fades from Autumn to ashes like a majestic pheonix consumed by fire only to rise again with a shining angelic glow as it treads the sky with ease and fades into the twilight never to geace the presence of mortal eyes as I gaze into your eyes I remmeber the smouldering embers of the reamins of the pheonix and the ashes of itss wake from the dead but nothing is immortal, as beautiful as the pheonix is it cannot stop the cold icy grip of death as the reaper sharpens his sythe the pheonix takes flight, but does not escape its gruesome demise as it gets shot down and plunges into the depths of Infinity. As this happens the angels cry seeing that a creation of God has died, but fear not, for it is said that if a person finds love on a cool autumn day they might just see the pheonix take flight.
    edited November 2005
    NN,

I'm going to have to let the girls here answer this one.

I love the prose and the imagery it creates.

I'm just thinking she might not dig the whole Reaper thing and the bird getting whacked.

Unless she has a really shiny car that birds keep flying over and then pooping on right after it's been washed. Then, I can totally see the Reaper thing.

Okay... enough deep thought for me. I know I've been laying some pretty heavy things on everyone here today - so I'll give yer brains a rest.

-bf
  • edited November 2005
    Oh yeah and Buddhafoot thanx for the hilarious pickup lines they really cheered me up becasue I really wanted to give the note to her today and I didnt, but the other thing is that she is leaving for 2 weeks to go to florida. After I came home I felt really sad and felt like hurting myself ( I am a recovering cutter) because I am a really shy person I tend to hold my emotions inside and I hate that I am shy but now I am feeling better. Oh yeah and here are the other parts of the note

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
    Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
    Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
    And summer's lease hath all too short a date:
    Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
    And often is his gold complexion dimmed,
    And every fair from fair sometime declines,
    By chance, or nature's changing course untrimmed:
    But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
    Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st,
    Nor shall death brag thou wander'st in his shade,
    When in eternal lines to time thou grow'st,
    So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
    So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.
    (Sonnet 18)

This Flesh A Tomb by Atreyu

I feel eyelashes on my cheek
    And they lacerate my flesh
    A pain so good
    Put your hand in mine
    Never let go
    Never wake up 'cause I'm done with promises
    I'm taking blood oaths
    Feels likes you could kiss my imperfections
    My imperfections away
    And I would stand
    Stand by your side until the sun turns the sky
    All the colors I see in your eyes

I'll never need to see the sun again
    There's enough light in your eyes to light up our little world
    So take me, take my away
    Kill me slowly, I'll never be the same

I swear to you, on everything I am
    And I dedicare to you all that I have
    And I promise you that I will stand right by your side
    Forever and always until the day I die

The bite marks on my neck never felt so good
    I'm losing control and it's all that I can do
    Not to blackout and fall into lust with you
    Your kisses infect me
    The dark gift is loving you

And I feel immortal and I want to make you feel the same
    So stand by me as we immulate
    We can burn in each other's arms

Yeah I know the song is kind of bizarre I might take it out of the note but Im still deciding.
    and then therere are little bits that basically tell her how I feel about her that are scattered throughout the note in paragraphs.
    edited November 2005
    NirvanaNoob...

Here's little advice for ya...

If you two have been hanging out together and having a good time. Little, happy touches here and there (on the shoulder or the arm), eyes meeting every once in awhile, you call her, she calls you, she goes out of her way to see you, you go out of your way to see her...

I think you can feel somewhat secure that she's diggin' you too.

You can also do something as simple as - look her in the eye when there is a quiet moment between you (or you can even do this on the phone) and just say, "I really like you. I like the time we spend together."

Nobody is putting too much on the line in case both parties aren't seeing things the same way.

Plus, you can tell her you really like her boobies. Or, if you want to be a little more "suave" you could refer to them as her:

Knockers
    Hooters
    Fun Bags
    Lung Warts
    Ta Ta's
    Jugs
    Man Toys
    T'maters
    Melons
    It's your pick - whatever you feel comfortable calling them.

But... my friend... you pick up something sharp again with bad intent and I will find out where you live, come over there and kick yer ass.

PM me! I'll give you an email address! I'll give you a phone number! You give me a phone number! I'll give you my instant messenger addy - just stop with the cutting! Call me if you need something to help you focus!

I'm serious. Knock it off. It upsets me.

Yer Pal,

-bf
  • edited November 2005
    I have to agree with Bf, here..for the most part anyways....

I like what Buddhafoot said when he wrote: "You can also do something as simple as - look her in the eye when there is a quiet moment between you (or you can even do this on the phone) and just say, "I really like you. I like the time we spend together."

Maybe it's just me, but guys writing me long poems before they even really knew me, pretty much freaked me out more than anything. I would go with what Buddhafoot said and save the poems for further into the relationship.
  • edited November 2005
    Yeah I have been thinking about getting rid of the note I've been thinking its been a little excessive and I now know that I am right. And as far as the cutting goes bf dont worry I havent done it eversince I went to the hospital which was 3 weeks ago. I now use the "rubberband method" when I feel like hurting myself I just put a rubberbband around my wrist and snap it. This stops me from hurting myself.
    edited November 2005
    Or like I said before... you can just talk to me.

Just ask Yodamama how painful it can be just talking to me.

-bf
  • edited November 2005
    buddhafoot wrote:

Just ask Yodamama how painful it can be just talking to me.

-bf

It's more painful than childbirth!!
  • edited November 2005
    lol
    edited November 2005
    YogaMama wrote:
    It's more painful than childbirth!!

And messier!

-bf

P.S. I missed this one.
  • edited December 2005
    Now that I think about it all that stuff I posted was kind of creepy... Anyway I told my friend to ask her if she was interested and she said no...but its no big deal. I guess I thought that she was giving me signals but she just only wanted to be my friend. Can anyone tell me exactly how and what "signals exactly are so I wont get them confused when a girl just wants to be my friend? And can you give me examples?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2005
    Nirvananoob, this is a question men have been asking since the dawn of time.....any man will tell you that the day they understand women, Hell will freeze over... that's the agony - and the ecstasy - of the opposite sexes... who knows?????
    if any man can tell you the secret you request - he won't know what he's talking about - !!:scratch: :confused::lol::lol:
  • MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited December 2005

Women - can't live with them...pass the beer nuts!!

• edited December 2005
    Buddhafoot,
    Plus, you can tell her you really like her boobies. Or, if you want to be a little more "suave" you could refer to them as her:

Knockers
    Hooters
    Fun Bags
    Lung Warts
    Ta Ta's
    Jugs
    Man Toys
    T'maters
    Melons
    It's your pick - whatever you feel comfortable calling them.

Had me laughing for ages!

NN, sorry I didn't realise this topic sooner! First of all, ignore all of buddhafoot's advice - but buddhafott, keep posting it, just for laughs!
    My advice, go for it, especially with Sonnet No. 18, then, if you are rejected (which I'm sure you won't!) you can give her my poem - Love's Spite (see Poet's Corner) which is based on Sonnet 18!
    But seriously, just go for it!
  • edited December 2005
    dude I already did go for it I got rejected. I thought the note was very excessive so I just asked my friend to tell her that I was interested in her and she said she really wasnt interested in anybody right now.
    edited December 2005
    Well then, she didn't single you out... she wasn't interested in anybody - not specifically you.... so don't take it personally, and just go on being a friend.
  • edited December 2005
    dude I already did go for it I got rejected. I thought the note was very excessive so I just asked my friend to tell her that I was interested in her and she said she really wasnt interested in anybody right now.

I didn't see that as going for it. Hence my reply.

Her friend doesn't know her feelings, her emotions. Ask the girl herself.
    edited December 2005
    federica wrote:
    Nirvananoob, this is a question men have been asking since the dawn of time.....any man will tell you that the day they understand women, Hell will freeze over... that's the agony - and the ecstasy - of the opposite sexes... who knows?????
    if any man can tell you the secret you request - he won't know what he's talking about - !!:scratch: :confused::lol::lol:

Amen.

At least it doesn't seem like men are in the dark. You could almost take it from this reply that women don't even know what they want. Hence the dark and dangerous dance of love that we play.

Kind of like mating praying mantises or black widow spiders - when they love ya, they want to be with you - when they are tired of you - they eat you.

-bf
  • edited December 2005
    Buddhafoot, your advice is both hilarious and useless!
    Keep posting it!

lol
    edited December 2005
    Shakespeare:
    if you love someone,
    Set her free ....
    If she ever comes back, she's yours,
    If she doesn't, hunt her down and marry your mother.

Optimist:
    If you love someone,
    Set her free ....
    Don't worry, she will come back.

Suspicious:
    If you love someone,
    Set her free ....
    If she ever comes back, ask her why.

Impatient:
    If you love someone,
    Set her free ....
    If she doesn't comes back within some time forget
    her.

Patient:
    IF you love someone,
    Set her free ....
    If she doesn't come back, continue to wait until
    she comes back.

Playful:
    If you love someone,
    Set her free ....
    *If she comes back, and if you love her still,
    set her free again, repeat*

C++ Programmer:
    if(you-love(m_she))
    m_she.free()
    if(m_she == NULL)
    m_she= new CShe;

Lawyers:
    If you love someone,
    Set her free,
    Clause 1a of Paragraph 13a-1 in the second amendment of the
    Matrimonial Freedom Act clearly states that....

Bill Gates:
    If you love someone,Set her free,
    If she comes back, I think we can charge her for
    re-installation fees but tell her that she's also going to get an upgrade.

Biologist:
    If you love someone,
    Set her free, She'll evolve.

Statisticians:
    If you love someone, Set her free,
    If she loves you, the probability of her coming
    back is high If she doesn't, the Weibull
    distribution and your relation was improbable anyway.

Salesman:
    If you love someone,
    Set her free ....
    If she ever comes back, deal!
    If she doesn't, so what! "NEXT".

Schwarzenegger's fans:
    If you love someone,
    Set her free,
    SHE'LL BE BACK!

Insurance agent:
    If you love someone,
    Show her the plan ....
    If she ever comes back, sign her up,
    If she doesn't, keep follow up with her and never give up!

Physician:
    If you love someone,
    Set her free ....
    If she ever comes back, it's the law of gravity,
    If she doesn't, either there's friction higher than the force or the angle
    of collision between two objects did not synchronize at the right angle.

Mathematician:
    If you love someone,
    Set her free ....
    If she ever comes back, 1 + 1 = 2 (peanut!),
    If she doesn't, Y = 2X - log(0.46Y^2 + (cos(52/34X)) x 5Y^(-0.5)c) where c
    is the infinite constant of no turning point.

Nowadays' style:
    If You Love Someone,
    Set it free,
    If It Comes Back, It is Yours
    If It Doesn't, Hunt it Down and Kill It...!!! OR
    PERHAPS REPORT TO IMMIGRATION THAT SHE/HE IS AN ILLEGAL

If you love someone
    WHY IN THE FIRST PLACE SET HER FREE???
    CARELESS IDIOT!!!

-bf
  • edited December 2005
    C++ Programmer:
    if(you-love(m_she))
    m_she.free()
    if(m_she == NULL)
    m_she= new CShe;

LMAO!
  • edited January 2006
    there is this other girl... we dont really talk but I like her and I was thinking about calling her but im not sure if I should because we never really talk So It might seem kind of random or out of the blue if I call her and start talking to her or if I ask her out over the phone. advice?
  • edited January 2006
    Also near christmas time we every year we buy these things called candygrams and give them to the other kids. There candycanes with messages attached to them. Anyway I recieved one from the girl I got rejected by and it said that she liked hanging out with me in class and she thought I was cool. Which was nothing weird but then she put love and then her name. At first I thought she was just being friendly but then I started to question is she? Does it mean anything?
  • edited January 2006
    It doesn't mean anything.
    edited January 2006
    It' just a way of signing something... you know, 'Love, Grandma'... 'Love, Aunty Jane'...
    Admittedly, in my opinion, people bandy this word around too much, and it's meaning has become fuzzy-edged, to say the least....

For example, there's a world of difference between the Love Romeo had for his Juliet, that they died for it, and the fact that some people really love their cars... but we use the same word.... like I love olives, and Nick loves driving...

So don't read too much into it... let things just flow.... OK?
  • edited January 2006
    How do you get all these girl's telephone numbers?

Also the "love" thing, I wouldn't think too much of it. I recieved over 100 xmas cards (I don't know why - everyone knows I hate the things because the stay ina pile on my shelf until february, maybe they just like winding me up?) and almost every single one that was from a girl was signed "love...."
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    I know this is a little late but I'll give you a bit of advice anyway. Call the other girl. But before getting all romantic on her build a friendship first. That should be your only expectation. Friendship. Don't think (or try not to think) about anything more than friendship. Don't be all boyfriendly with her. Just be one of her friends. Hang out, listen to music, listen to her, get to know each other slowly. I repeat, slowly. Once you're more comfortable with each other you will know what to do.

BTW, I have a lot of friends who are/were cutters. The elastic band works really well. Some people don't understand it very well but I do. It's totally logical to me. For the benefit of others who may not be familiar; put simply it's about the inability to express and get rid of deep emotional stress/pain so one turns it into physical pain which is more simple and easier to cope with. It's really not that difficult to treat. And it's temporary. And it's much more common than people realize. You're not alone, you know that, right? And you have someone you're talking to, right? Because overcoming cutting with a professional is one of the very best ways to develop emotional intelligence. You're going to come out of it way ahead of a lot of other people your age. Seize this opportunity. You're already an absolute darling and I'm proud of you for what you've already accomplished. Just hang on. It's going to get SO much better! Trust me on this.

Buddhafoot, I'm laughing so hard you're giving me abs of steel!!