Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

School Project

edited November 2010 in Arts & Writings
Hey guys! I attend Chapman University and I am doing a design project on Buddhism. I have to incorporate a saying on to the poster to translate into 2 other languages. I was wondering, are there any particular phrases or beliefs that Buddhism goes by? Thank you so much for your help!

:)

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Compassionate change thru awakening the Mind.
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Quotes from the Buddha (more or less):

"To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him."

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him."
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited November 2010
    "The non-doing of any evil,
    the performance of what's skillful,
    the cleansing of one's own mind:
    this is the teaching
    of the Awakened."