Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Ever taken the blame for something?

Argon.AidArgon.Aid Veteran
edited November 2005 in General Banter
Just curious here.

Anyone ever tried taking the blame for something you never did.When I say this i mean accpeting the blame either voluntarily or non.

I shall list down a personal recount of what happened to me.It was just a minor event,soomeone lost her notes that she took a long time to do.Basically,I saw my friend took it.I was questioned on wheter I saw the piece of paper.Deciding to attempt something new,I told her that I took it,and worse still,due to my stupididty,I lost it.

Its was like a nice feeling.Because for once,someone doubted it when I said I did something wrong.She doubted me and thought that i had taken her paper and merely doing this to irritate her.That is until she found her paper between a stack of books.

Another story of being blamed for something I never did.

My family was rocked by news that someone in our house had stolen money from my father.Guess what,the first person they suspected was me.Worse still was that I had used some of my OWN money to buy some stuff without telling my parents.So it seems all evidence pointed to me.

Yet I did not attempt to clear my name.Silence was a virtue that I exhibitied as they interrogate me.Until the culprit finally admited her mistake and I was cleared.

Anyone got any personal events of the same similarity?

Comments

• ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited November 2005
    You are insane to take the blame for something you didn't do, I advised it against you that time you fool...

By the way, I must add on... At that time our friend who lost her papers thought that Argon was playing a dammed joke on her... Speaks alot about him, doesn't it? Hmmm...:tongue2:
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited November 2005
    All,

"A beautiful girl in the village was pregnant. Her angry parents demanded to
    know who was the father. At first resistant to confess, the anxious and
    embarrassed girl finally pointed to Hakuin, the Zen master whom everyone
    previously revered for living such a pure life. When the outraged parents
    confronted Hakuin with their daughter's accusation, he simply replied "Is
    that so?"

When the child was born, the parents brought it to the Hakuin, who now was viewed as a pariah by the whole village. They demanded that he take care of the child since it was his responsibility. "Is that so?" Hakuin said calmly as he accepted the child.

For many months he took very good care of the child until the daughter could no longer withstand the lie she had told. She confessed that the real father was a young man in the village whom she had tried to protect. The parents immediately went to Hakuin to see if he would return the baby. With profuse apologies they explained what had happened. "Is that so?" Hakuin said as he handed them the child."

- Story from Zen Flesh, Zen Bones

:)

Jason
  • Argon.AidArgon.Aid Veteran
    edited November 2005
    Wow..Elohim..Thanks so much,

Thats a really nice story..