Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Zen monk delivers invocation at an important secular ceremony.....

BarraBarra soto zenniewandering in a cloud in beautiful, bucolic Victoria BC, on the wacky left coast of Canada Veteran
edited November 2010 in General Banter
Have a look at this video clip of the Ven. Eshu Martin, Abbott of the Victoria (British Columbia)(Canada) Zen Centre, delivering the invocation at the recent Order of British Columbia investiture ceremony.

http://bit.ly/aoneym

I'm proud to live in a province that would invite a Buddhist to play this role.

I'm also proud that we have a Governor General (the Queen's representative and sort of head of government in the province) who is a First Nations (aka Indian) Chief. That's the man sitting on the right facing the audience. The white guy next to him is the elected Premier of the province.

Comments

• DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Thanks!
  • edited November 2010
    Barra wrote: »
    I'm proud to live in a province that would invite a Buddhist to play this role.

I don't blame you! *hums "Oh Canada"*