Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

If you were forced to emigrate where would you go?

edited November 2010 in General Banter
If you were forced to emigrate to one city/location outside of your country, where would you go and why?

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Vancouver, BC. Beautiful city, beautiful wilderness, mild weather.
    or
    Some village near Saigon, Vietnam. Similar reasons as above, but Asian. Not so mild weather, though - hot.
    or
    Pondicherry, India. The cleanest, and most orderly city I saw after a month touring in India - near a Auroville, which holds my interest as a well planned intentional spiritual community.
    I hope you get more answers! I am nearly ready to let go of the good old USA, which is moving closer to being a military state internally and externally at great cost.
  • ShutokuShutoku Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Kyoto Japan, to study at Jodo Shinshu Hongwanji.
  • B5CB5C Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Scandinavia
  • edited November 2010
    Sri Lanka maybe, and try to make a difference in assuaging the conflict there.
  • edited November 2010
    Hands down India. For reasons unknown to me, I have been obsessed with India since I was a child. Maybe Mumbai, maybe the countryside. Not really sure. There are two halves to me, an urban half and a rural half. I lean more toward the urban. That's where the people are.
  • ChrysalidChrysalid Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Japan, although it's probably nothing like what I've seen in films and TV.
  • ShiftPlusOneShiftPlusOne Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Chrysalid, yeah Japan is almost like any other western country. The culture is a little different, but if you're a foreigner, you'd never blend in anyway, so there's no point trying. I liked Kyoto and Hiroshima, but other than that, it just felt like a very expensive version of Melbourne.

I'd probably pick St. Petersburg. Why? I don't know, I suppose because of it's history.
  • IronRabbitIronRabbit Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. Par le vous francais? Take off, eh?
  • NomaDBuddhaNomaDBuddha Scalpel wielder :) Bucharest Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Epicurus wrote: »
    If you were forced to emigrate to one city/location outside of your country, where would you go and why?

Japan ( Tokyo or Okinawa), South Korea or England. I would choose those countries because they have some high standards of living (comapred to my country) and an apparently stable social system ( which lacks in my country).
  • MountainsMountains Veteran
    edited November 2010
    New Zealand (I still have the emigration paperwork from after the 2002 mid-term elections). If only they would utilize nurse anesthetists, I'd be all set down there.
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    edited November 2010
    A European country would be the most easy to settle down and get used to, and I'd probably pick Germany or France since I can get by in both languages.

But I'd also be open to S Korea (Seoul), Japan (not quite sure where), China (Beijing, specifically) or Taiwan.
  • edited November 2010
    Hehe,I love Europe, I would propably stay here. Maybe Austria, Serbia...or Belgium! Yes, Belgium is great ;)
    If outisde Europe, it would be Taiwan for sure.