Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Difference between the Islmaic God and the Christian God

edited December 2005 in Faith & Religion
what is the difference, Also what are the various differences between Chrisitianity and Islam?

Comments

• angulimalaangulimala Veteran
    edited November 2005
    hi nn,
    in christianity there's trinity concept, islam rejects this idea,there's only one absolute god.i'm not muslim,maybe some muslim members can explain more.
  • Argon.AidArgon.Aid Veteran
    edited November 2005
    Wao..thats kind of an extreme question Nirv..As a Muslim,We believe in only One God.

Plus,The Christians look towards Jesus.Jesus actually,in Muslim,a prophet.In a story having two versions about this prohet which MAY end up in these two religions having different concepts.I do not wish to state any info for fear of being accuse of racism or downgrading another religion.

Another statement,as a Muslim,I do not detest but in fact other froms of religion,so please do not get the wrong idea.Plus,I am sorry if there are any wrong information in this post,i am still learning.

"May your faith in your religion remain unwavering"
    -Ar.Aid
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited November 2005
    The Christian God speaks Hebrew and the Islamic God speaks Arabic perhaps? :eekblue: :bigclap:
  • edited November 2005
    I was taught that Islam believes that The Bible is Allah (Muslim God)'s word, just lost in translation. That's why Islam is always practiced in Arabic.
  • Argon.AidArgon.Aid Veteran
    edited December 2005
    Well,The Bible was actually a distorted version from the Book Injil,if I a not wrong.This two books were related somehow.

Generally there are two stories.

In Islam,there was this prophet,Nabi Isa(Anyone please correct me if I am worng!!) who was pursued by this group of bandits and its leader.According to Islam,God,Allah s.w.t. swicth the faces of the leader of the bandit with the prophet.Thus the prophet was brought up into safety.On the other hand,The leader of the bandits was istook as the prophet,thus he was cuaght and place on the cross to die.

Christians believe that it was actualy the prophet who was being killed.Thus the worship of Jesus.

Disclaimer:By the way,please take note that despite putting all this stuff down,I have absolutely NO offense or hatred of other religion.Please take note that I respect all religions equally.No offense was intended and I hope none is taken.

"May your fiaht in your religion and yourslef remain unwavering"
    -Ar.Aid
  • edited December 2005
    Wow! Didn't know that!