Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Utopia

edited November 2010 in General Banter
What's your version of Utopia?

mine is a whole world of serious Buddhist practitioners, without needing any proselytizing effort of course. (coz I think those evangalists look kinda pathetic).

Comments

• edited November 2010
    This world is. Any world I could conceive of with HUMANS in it, would have the same problems we have always faced sooner or later.
  • ShiftPlusOneShiftPlusOne Veteran
    edited November 2010
    One person's utopia is another's dystopia, I suppose. I can't find an answer to the question. I don't think 'utopia' is a practical concept.

I'd have to go with Epicurus' answer then.
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Utopia Is Where:

The French are the chefs
    The Italians are the lovers
    The British are the police
    The Germans are the mechanics
    And the Swiss make everything run on time

Dystopia is Where:

The British are the chefs
    The Swiss are the lovers
    The French are the mechanics
    The Italians make everything run on time
    And the Germans are the police
  • edited November 2010
    I think we can achieve some state of utopia....

Some realized beings can "jack into the collective consciousness matrix" (something like mainframe computer of reality) and start to manipulate the elements in reality like people, weather, events etc.

It's when some people gain some sort of sudden unification with the universe after hearing *bell sounds* of understanding some wisdom. And they gain some power over reality to perform miracle :D.

It feels like... people or other elements around you are part of you, just like your hand/leg. You have some control over them.
  • edited November 2010
    It's my favorite kind of pudding.

Oh, wait..."utopia"...I thought you said "tapioca."

Sorry.

:grin:

Actually, for me it would probably be having free reign in the world's largest, most complete library.

*sigh*

I just scored major nerd points, didn't I?
  • Floating_AbuFloating_Abu Veteran
    edited November 2010
    :)
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited November 2010
    mantra0 wrote: »
    I think we can achieve some state of utopia....

Utopia is utopia whether it's achievable or not. Afterall, the definition of utopia is an imagined place or state of things in which everything is perfect.
    So, your Utopia would all depend on your requirements for a perfect place.

Moreover, the fact that the word refers to an imagined place does not necessarily entail it's not at least in part realizable. However, it would not be a Utopia for one person to be able to manipulate other people and things at will, which I think you're referring to in your post, mantra0. That would just be a dream-world, IMO.
  • edited November 2010
    agree 299% with Nirvana