Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

what do monks smell like

edited November 2010 in General Banter
i'm going to visit a monastery "to fix the water system" and i'm wondering if i should bring a gas mask or not and do the more buddha you got the less poopy you smell or does it work the other way around?

what are your experiences with monks odors and have any of you noticed a difference between the three major traditions??

Comments

• edited November 2010
    HAHAHAHAHA! No, no, they all smell the same.
  • edited November 2010
    i'm going to visit a monastery "to fix the water system" and i'm wondering if i should bring a gas mask or not and do the more buddha you got the less poopy you smell or does it work the other way around?

what are your experiences with monks odors and have any of you noticed a difference between the three major traditions??

Why do you ask? And in what part of the world is the water system in question?
  • edited November 2010
    they reek of nonduality
  • jinzangjinzang Veteran
    edited November 2010
    what do monks smell like?

Teen Spirit.
  • edited November 2010
    if you are enlightened, you will smell nothing.
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited November 2010
    I am sure it should not matter, the buddha said that one should not be attracted by a smell and neither should you be disgusted by a smell, the same goes for every sense.
  • pyramidsongpyramidsong Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Um, what?

OP, are you serious?
  • edited November 2010
    stay out of it aussie
  • edited November 2010
    He's serious... If you're really concerned about it go on either a full moon or no moon day
  • pyramidsongpyramidsong Veteran
    edited November 2010
    :poke:
  • finding0finding0 Veteran
    edited November 2010
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha, thank you for the laugh
  • edited November 2010

Well, some feel that theirs is the "Greater Scent" because they use pure sandalwood and nothing like Nag Champa for shrine incense, but personally I think the term "Lesser Scent" is inherently pejorative and unfair. Also, I think Nag Champa smells good too, so there.
  • mugzymugzy Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Are you going to the monastery in Clatskanie?