Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Favoritism, I dont' know how I feel about it

still_learningstill_learning Veteran
edited November 2010 in General Banter
I grew up in a family where the sons were heavily favored over the daughters. My father was good to me overall, but I found out later when I grew up that he didn't treat my sisters so good. (he obviously cared about them, but he was also more harsh on them).

I seem to naturally view my dad in a good light because he took care of us and treated me good. In contrast, when I think about the way he treated my sisters I he seems like such a different person, a very mean person.

I get my feelings confused when he asks me for a favor and I'm iffy about it. Do I do it because he was nice to me, or do I say "no" because he was mean to my sisters?

The more I think about it I lean more towards just saying "no."

Maybe the answer is easy, but hard for me to see because I'm in the thick of it. Or maybe I'm asking the wrong question.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• ShiftPlusOneShiftPlusOne Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Whether or not you should say yes is irrelevant to favouritism. You should say yes because it's your chance to help someone out.

As for favouritism, I think you know exactly how you feel about it - it's not right.
  • still_learningstill_learning Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, you're exactly right. I guess I just needed to hear it someone else.

Thank You.