Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Turkey Turkey Turkey!

TalismanTalisman Veteran
edited November 2010 in General Banter
Off work at noon then starts my thanksgiving weekend. I'm excited to be able to spend the four days with my girlfriend. Since she is currently unemployed it will be the first holiday we've had off together in 3 years. Can't wait for my mom's cooking too.

Anyone got any fun plans for the holiday? :grin:

Comments

• MountainsMountains Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Can I just say that I'm thoroughly enjoying my first day totally off from class, with no guilt about not studying, nor even thinking about studying (at least until Friday or Saturday) since Labor Day? No fall break, no bank holidays, no nothing but school, school, school since Labor Day. I was about to go over the edge. So I'm looking forward to a nice, quiet loooong weekend.
  • B5CB5C Veteran
    edited November 2010
    I just hope to get out of a retail job soon. I hate the idea of working on Thanksgiving.
  • edited November 2010
    Happy Thanksgiving to All !
  • skullchinskullchin Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Today I am thankful for a gracious, kind, and very knowledgeable online Buddhist community! Thanks all !
  • edited November 2010
    skullchin wrote: »
    Today I am thankful for a gracious, kind, and very knowledgeable online Buddhist community! Thanks all !

Awww. Thank you too. ^_^

My plans are to get a seat next to Uncle Jim at the dinner table so I can hear all the smart-aleck things he says. And, while basking in the love of family, to eat a bunch.
  • edited November 2010
    Mine was a solo event, but it was good. I had some vegetarian "turk'y" patties with mashed potatoes (so good I almost skipped dessert to have more!) and vegan Tofurkey gravy, some mixed veggies, and apple pie for dessert.

And yes, the vegetarian substitutes were very good. :D