Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A lovely story I heard recently

finding0finding0 Veteran
edited November 2010 in General Banter
One day there was an elderly couple taking a walk in the park. It was a lovely day and they were certainly enjoying it.. Then from beyond some bushes they hear quak quak. The woman said to her husband "oh did you hear that chicken George?"He replied "a chicken? Thats not a chicken its a duck" She said no im quite sure it was a chicken" He said " and I am quite sure it was a duck" she said "no it was a chicken!" He said " it was a duck! Do I have to spell it out for you? D-U-C-K duck!" The elderly woman was hurt, sat down and began to sob. Her husband then bent down by her side and said " Im sorry love, I think your right, it was a chicken" He then took her by the hand and helped her up. She said " I told you!" he said " haha yea, I don't know why i ever thought that was a duck" and they continued on their walk

Moral of the story is who is right, who is wrong, who wins, who looses, who is the best, who is the worst is not what is important. What is important is how kind, how loving, how peaceful you can be. That is more important then being right:)

Comments

• edited November 2010
    The woman showed as much pride as he did though.
  • Floating_AbuFloating_Abu Veteran
    edited November 2010
    finding0 wrote: »
    One day there was an elderly couple taking a walk in the park. It was a lovely day and they were certainly enjoying it.. Then from beyond some bushes they hear quak quak. The woman said to her husband "oh did you hear that chicken George?"He replied "a chicken? Thats not a chicken its a duck" She said no im quite sure it was a chicken" He said " and I am quite sure it was a duck" she said "no it was a chicken!" He said " it was a duck! Do I have to spell it out for you? D-U-C-K duck!" The elderly woman was hurt, sat down and began to sob. Her husband then bent down by her side and said " Im sorry love, I think your right, it was a chicken" He then took her by the hand and helped her up. She said " I told you!" he said " haha yea, I don't know why i ever thought that was a duck" and they continued on their walk

Moral of the story is who is right, who is wrong, who wins, who looses, who is the best, who is the worst is not what is important. What is important is how kind, how loving, how peaceful you can be. That is more important then being right:)

Thanks, finding0.
    I wish you many blessings on your path and may you share the Light when you see it as it is.

_/\_

Abu