Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

My Weekend Mahjong Session and Meditation

LostieLostie Veteran
edited November 2010 in Meditation
I did some short meditation last week for a few days straight. It was a very unique experience. I'd been reading up on Mindfulness and Meditation but I never actually sat down to meditate.

One really has to sit down and experience it, seeing your thoughts come and go, and fully appreciate the transcient nature of thoughts and mindset.

Then over the weekend, I had my usual mahjong weekend session. I don't know how to put it, I just play the game. And boy it was fun, win or lose. (OK I won big that night :p)

I see meditation works in a subconscious way. Things may not register at the end of your meditation session but it surely helps you to cultivate the habit of mindfulness, rather than just rely on knowledge/readings alone.

Comments

• CloudCloud Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Yep yep. And it alters your subconscious by introducing new data on the system operations hitherto unknown by experience of sense impressions or mere cognizance.