Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

* Sustained attention on the present moment

shanyinshanyin Novice YoginSault Ontario Veteran
edited November 2010 in Meditation
Hello. I've read a book by Ajahn Brahm in which he says he describes the method he teaches as "Sustained attention on the present moment"

Though I read what he said was the description and I didn't really get anything like a method about this.

I want to try this type of meditation because I heard some other monk talking about that kind of meditation and that they are good ways to start.

Can anyone explain it to me?

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Hi Shanyin,

Ajahn Brahm is Forest Tradition trained and this tradition emphasises present moment awareness.

This is a meditation series by another respected Forest Tradition teacher Ajahn Jayasaro, and it might be helpful for you to watch it. The first one is the introduction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd7a9Ur2x0o

With kind wishes,

D.
  • edited November 2010
    "Sustained attention on the present moment"

This sounds like a description for "vipassana" (or insight) meditation. If there is a difference, can someone explain it :confused: