Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The stories about reality

ravkesravkes Veteran
edited December 2010 in Philosophy
So it's pretty obvious that stuff happens here. However, a belief in a thought changes the reality of the situation from 'your' perspective which leads to delusion lol like wars, poverty, hatred, anger, possesiveness, etc etc etc. This belief in a thought is there because of the belief that who you are is something in particular, which is generally the body and all the stuff that happens with it. Therefore, because you believe yourself to be the body you believe yourself to be the thoughts (logic) that help the body to survive which makes sense. However, we're not the body or the thoughts or whatever that comes with it. We're really nothing in particular or if you want to look at it another way we are everything. The body is just an experience vehicle. So is all suffering really just made up stories of what's actually happening? A simple mis-identification? Is it really that simple? Aren't we all just perpetuating our own confusion due to the fact that we can't face who we actually are? (Which can't be said in words cause it involves everything lol, call it emptiness, god, awareness, whatever happens here somethings aware of it)

It's really funny when you realize this.. lol hahaha :lol:

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Hmmm.... It sounds like you're well on your way towards a nihilistic way of thinking...

I'm not sure what sort of reading or guidance to suggest to you. Maybe someone a little more experienced can offer some advice.
  • ravkesravkes Veteran
    edited December 2010
    What's wrong with any way of thinking as long as one is identified with the thoughts lol
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Yes I think its that simple. The only problem is there is an infinite variety of ways to go off track. And habits over eons to break. I don't think its nihilistic but kind of like the 'can buddha be compassionate' thead I think it is missing the qualities of awareness that are reliable. clarity, openness, and sensitivity.
  • ravkesravkes Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Jeffrey wrote: »
    Yes I think its that simple. The only problem is there is an infinite variety of ways to go off track.

I'd think that in regards to the truth of the matter, a murderer is the same as someone who doesn't murder. However, when you're not identified with anything a natural compassion arises so it takes the body on the right track to help others no one's really doing it though lol life is ridiculous if you put it into words
  • edited December 2010
    Hmm... You know, I think you may benefit from reading "Gateway to Knowledge" By Mipham Rinpoche... There's 3 volumes of this book.
  • ravkesravkes Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for the tip man I'll check it out.
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited December 2010
    You're right ravkes, it's all about mis-identification. We think we're a specific thing, which causes there to be a duality of "I" and "not I", "mine" and "not mine", and from that basic ignorance all unwholesome states arise.

Not getting caught up in stories, but living freely and fully in each moment, is the goal.
  • ravkesravkes Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, there's somewhat of a drop away. There's the experiences of 'I need to get better, I need to be aware, I need to do this this and that to get there'.. But all of these experiences are happening and are noticed by something .. duality is contained within something. Which is really nothing in particular (which by result allows there to be the freedom and endless possibilities). For 'me' there was intense existential anxiety and fear, but when it was noticed that I was creating this for myself, the identification just dropped away (of course after much self-perpetuated delusion).

Certain triggers come but it's not interested anymore in the drama. Good feelings, bad feelings, pain, sensations, love, not love.. it all happens within one's presence.. who you actually are really doesn't mind or judge. It's a magnificent play, one is already liberated yet clings to their suffering as a means of identification. Or rather simply tries to find themselves in a specific phenomena, instead of realizing, intuitively, they're actually the whole thing.