Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I think Metta Bhavana is incredible

edited December 2010 in Meditation
Hi all-
I've gotten into Metta Bhavana meditation and times I've done it, I've had amazing experiences soon thereafter.

The first time, when I got to wishing metta to a difficult person, I tried cultivating metta towards this guy who lives across the hall from me who (until recently) had bullied me and given me all kinds of crap. The next time I saw him, he apologized for how he had acted towards me.

I did it today, and when I got to the "neutral" person, I tried cultivating metta towards this girl who lives on the same floor in my building. I don't really know her, but I get this vibe that she doesn't like me very much for whatever reason. About 10 minutes later I ran into her in the hall and she smiled and said hi. Usually she just gives me this blank look.

Is this all a coincidence, or is Metta Bhavana absolutely incredible?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    You can't expect such obvious results all the time, but I wouldn't say it's entirely coincidence. Put out positive energy and positive things come back to you.
  • edited December 2010
    I know I can't expect this every time, but I was just shocked with the first case because this guy had TORMENTED me, and out of nowhere he apologizes. All I can say is that my former "beliefs" never held anything like that for me.
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited December 2010
    There is also a vibe that becomes part of you. Animals can sense it.
  • edited December 2010
    Walking around with a smiling mind, you see a lot of smiling mouths.
  • BonsaiDougBonsaiDoug Simply, on the path. Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Cloud wrote: »
    There is also a vibe that becomes part of you. Animals can sense it.
    You may be referring to "limbic resonance."

Something Jack Kornfield refers to in his book, The Wise Heart.