Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

forse-nāgāmi

VincenziVincenzi Veteran
edited December 2010 in Philosophy
a forse-nāgāmi is a bodhisattva that is currently free of all fetters with the exception of:

Rūpa-rāga: trishna for "fine-material existence" (the 4 rupa jhanas; rebirths in rupa dhatu)
Arūpa-rāga: trishna for "immaterial existence" (the 4 arupa jhanas; rebirths in arupa dhatu)

i have no idea how to say forse (correctly) in samskrita... but bodhi-nāgāmi sounded nice.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2010
    What's the point of this post.....? :confused:
  • i want to come back after living in the sudavasa abodes...
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Well, leave it as you find it, empty the trash can, and clear your desk before leaving. :rolleyes:

I still don't get the point of the thread, but whatever floats your boat.
    :cool:
  • edited December 2010
    i want to come back after living in the sudavasa abodes...
    This is not a great vow though very good. Because these abodes are impermanent and all sentience would attain Buddhahood and "transmigrate" into permanent bliss and peace. Is like given you a gold but you choose stone instead :rarr:
  • but what's the point of the bodhisattva? can "i" just "retire" after helping some "other sentient beings"? go to the sudavasa abodes, chill out, come back (if possible)... then live in arupa-dhatu to rest... come back... and so on.
  • VincenziVincenzi Veteran
    edited January 2011
    actually, according to buddhist cosmology... only sudavasa vihara (abodes) are not destroyed at each cycling destruction (and re-construction) of the multiverse (galaxy?).
    i want to come back after living in the sudavasa abodes...
    This is not a great vow though very good. Because these abodes are impermanent and all sentience would attain Buddhahood and "transmigrate" into permanent bliss and peace. Is like given you a gold but you choose stone instead :rawr:
This discussion has been closed.