Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Buddha vs Jesus

MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
edited December 2010 in General Banter
Who would win in a fight? Jesus or Buddha?

My bet is on Jesus, even though both are apparently pacifists. Jesus's dad (aka: Himself) doesn't seem to mind smiting a city or two so I doubt he'd even think twice about zapping the peace loving Buddha. :bawl:

Hehe, well, Merry Christmas! :D

Comments

• Jesus is a pacifist homeboy... Now stop slanderin original Christianity before some homeboys from the shaolin temple comes ovah n sort ya out homeboy...
  • MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Jesus is a pacifist homeboy... Now stop slanderin original Christianity before some homeboys from the shaolin temple comes ovah n sort ya out homeboy...
    What is "Original Christianity?" Is there some sort of New Age form of Christianity now that I haven't heard of?
  • Jesus neva taught dat god smitting or christian army hooha know wat im sayin? Dun push dat old testment or catholic stuff on Jesus know wat im sayin? For all they know, Jesus is most like a buddhist dat came back to da Jew land ta teach da dharma know wat im sayin? He certainly went some where during all dem missin years know wat im sayin?
    edited December 2010
    You can't have a new without an old.
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    Well, the Buddha was born into the warrior caste (khattiya). Just sayin'.
  • edited December 2010
    aha! time for bust enhancement! :wow:
  • Where'd'u get THAT PIC???? :D
  • Heh... yes. Shakyamuni was raised as a warrior. So, I'd have to put my money on him :)
  • Depends on how you define "fight". If you mean a debate, it's already been done, but not specifically with Jesus and Buddha. The Mongols held debates between Christian missionaries, Buddhist lamas, and Muslims, and the Buddhists won, so the Mongols chose Buddhism.
    A battle fight with swords, bombs, lazors, etc. :thumbsup:
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited December 2010
    The Buddha wouldn't fight, and so would win by default.

:om:
  • "Who would win in a fight? Jesus or Buddha? "

The one who refused to fight.
    @jinzang

Buddha, then.