Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

is there a difference between chakra meditation and buddist meditation?

edited December 2010 in Meditation
I've just started learning about buddism, im quite fond of it! :buck:
well just before getting into this i started to learn about the chakras and i really want to start opening up my root chakra but i feel as tho meditation to open up your chakras is different from the buddist meditation but then i again i dont because its said that by focusing on a single thing a person can transport thier mind very far (thats the "buddist form of meditation")and when opening your chakra you must focus on a single thing to open your subconscious

i guess the best way to anwser my question is to explain how a buddist mediatates and what they can see and during that meditation what they should think of
and is there any other buddists who have opened their chakras?
when i meditate to open my charka should it be separate it from the meditation of the buddist?

Comments

• Chakras aren't generally a part of buddhist belief. But that doesn't matter. Don't strive to be a buddhist. Do what you think helps you best. :)
  • Chakras aren't generally a part of buddhist belief. But that doesn't matter. Don't strive to be a buddhist. Do what you think helps you best. :)
    In some traditions and practices they are...

;)