Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Retreat Cabin

edited December 2010 in Meditation
I remember reading somewhere the specifics to building a proper retreat cabin... Does anyone here know?

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Not specifically, but if you read "Cave in the snow", Tenzin Palmo had a pretty rudimentary, basic and sparsely furnished retreat up in the mountains....
    Just a small stove, two or three pots for cooking and heating water, a bed and a meditation box.
    She slept in her box though, I believe....
    As for "Toilet duties" I think she left that pretty well up to how nature intended.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but I think less is more, as they say.....

I also found this link:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4928167_build-log-cabin-retreat.html
    Pranava
  • Thanks buddy.

I was looking more for the dimensions... Suppose it just needs to be big enough for a wood stove to be safely used, enough laying room, room enough for a small altar, and room enough for some storage... I'll figure it out :)