Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

3-day self-retreat starting tomorrow!

BhanteLuckyBhanteLucky Alternative lifestyle person in the South Island of New ZealandNew Zealand Veteran
edited December 2010 in Meditation
Right!
I have six days off work, and I am taking three of them to do a self-retreat in the forest.
8 precepts, no food after midday, etc.
I've set up a dry spot for meditation, covered by a tarp , and I have a good tent.
I'll sleep at the campsite tonight, and then from 5am tomorrow morning (Thursday) I will meditate, be mindful, etc etc, until Saturday evening at 9pm.

I've never done a self-retreat before. I've done about 5 or 6 ten-day retreats, but never alone, without the peer-pressure and encouragement of other people around me.
I expect the hindrance of restlessness to be a very big challenge. It would be so easy to jump up and abandon the whole thing.
But NO! Strong determination!

Wish me luck, and send me metta and encouragement please!

Comments