Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

My Country's Politics

ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
edited November 2005 in General Banter
I wish to know honestly what do most of you all think about the political climate of my country, Singapore... You guys have free speech, treasure it well and use it.

P.S. To my government: This doesn't violate the ISA, because I'm only asking a question not giving a remark!

Comments

• edited November 2005
    I think it will change within the next few years, for the better hopefully.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited November 2005
    I fear that it is giving the wannabe dictators of the west even more ideas, and that it we who are changing, with the abject compliance of electorates (imitating turkeys voting....etc......)
  • Argon.AidArgon.Aid Veteran
    edited November 2005
    Ajani,

Though with free speech,i still fear giving any comments for fear of what had really happened to the students in our school.Anyway I am not that knowledgable in this political arena.Anyway,all I know that the whole political scene is dominated by ONE party.

Adios Amigos.

-Ar.Aid
  • angulimalaangulimala Veteran
    edited November 2005
    hi ajani,
    i always thought that those who was born and live in s'pore have better karma than us who live in indonesia.but talking about freedom,i think indonesians have more freedom than s'poreans.remember the dengue case in s'pore?i saw in the cna(channel news asia)that the authority make door to door check.when they find mosquito larvae in your house they'll fine you.in indonesia,there's only advice/suggestion from the govt in tv,they'll wont check it house to house(thank god that indonesia is poor country,so the govt dont have the money to do so),so you can breed as many mosquito larva as you want.and i think we have a more free press than you in s'pore,we indonesians have more freedom in some area but we are poorer.so what will you choose rich but no freedom or free but poor(if free and rich is not in the option list)
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited November 2005
    angulimala wrote:
    hi ajani,
    i always thought that those who was born and live in s'pore have better karma than us who live in indonesia.but talking about freedom,i think indonesians have more freedom than s'poreans.remember the dengue case in s'pore?i saw in the cna(channel news asia)that the authority make door to door check.when they find mosquito larvae in your house they'll fine you.in indonesia,there's only advice/suggestion from the govt in tv,they'll wont check it house to house(thank god that indonesia is poor country,so the govt dont have the money to do so),so you can breed as many mosquito larva as you want.and i think we have a more free press than you in s'pore,we indonesians have more freedom in some area but we are poorer.so what will you choose rich but no freedom or free but poor(if free and rich is not in the option list)

You make a point of deep spiritual truth, Angulimala: "free and rich" may not be on the list!