Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

"Chomsky opens Marr's eyes"

shanyinshanyin Novice YoginSault Ontario Veteran
edited December 2010 in Arts & Writings

Comments

• <3 Noam
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    what are we to do without him
  • I love Chomsky.
  • There's something very Buddhist about what he says in the video too, I have to add.
    lol, maybe your post will save this thread from being closed.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Well, the video is obviously doctored with. Secondly, Andrew Marr is now in his fifties. This video must be at least 15 years old!!!

Thirdly, here's a review of the meeting.

http://www.medialens.org/articles/the_articles/articles_2001/de_marr_chomsky.html
    edited February 2011
    I'll be back to this thread later. I watched the whole interview, he had some interesting things to say about his high up journalists' friends opinion about the media.
    From watching the whole video, the only thing that's doctored with is the part showing Marr's eyes open and close.

Do you live in England Fed? Are you familiar with Marr? Just curious.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Yes, and Yes.

He is a highly respected investigative journalist and interviewer, and has his own weekly topical Political programme.
  • edited February 2011
    Well, the video is obviously doctored with. Secondly, Andrew Marr is now in his fifties. This video must be at least 15 years old!!!

Thirdly, here's a review of the meeting.

http://www.medialens.org/articles/the_articles/articles_2001/de_marr_chomsky.html
    I think that was the point. They took footage from another video and they're showing how editing can be used for manipulation in a really overt way, where normally its really covert. It has to do with the fact that Chomsky talks a lot about media manipulation. The guy's general facial expression does strike me as one of being dumbfounded though, whith or without the amateur re-editing.

I also read the article, and I think that it made the same exact point that Chomsky was making toward Marr in the video clip, that Marr isn't lying or being a propagandist consciously.