Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Feels Bad Man

edited January 2011 in General Banter
I don't really know why but I'm in a pretty dumpy mood.
I get the feeling it's because I'm, well, for lack of a better word, "Lonely".

Anything to cheer me up? Any methods to help me?

And yes, I am meditating.

Comments

• watch an ajahn brahm dharma talk on youtube, funny and good for learning. i do that when i'm down.

do you not have friends to spend time with? or just aren't spending time with them right now

i don't have many friends and considering that before buddhism i used to be a depressed know-it-all jerk. i've started to bring back some of the people i've alienated by being more light-hearted and kind. the most you can do with meditation is end suffering, but it can't really bring you the type of happiness friends can.
  • edited January 2011
    I don't really know why but I'm in a pretty dumpy mood.
    I get the feeling it's because I'm, well, for lack of a better word, "Lonely".

Anything to cheer me up? Any methods to help me?

And yes, I am meditating.
    I've got actually no friends. The last time i went out for recreational purposes was a month ago, and before it has been plain blank for a year and half. Those feelings strike me often so, i probably understand. Nothing to say beside this. I don't have any solution. I hope this kind of sharing may make you feel a little less lonely.
  • Yeah, you gave me a good idea, Ajahn Brahm always cheers me up.

And yeah I have friends but alot of them have work and schools starting soon. Plus, my transportations kinda fudged.

I dunno, just kinda sad. Women be crazy.
  • aHappyNihilistaHappyNihilist Veteran
    edited January 2011
    just know that the feeling will pass, also know that all it is is a feeling.

his latest recorded talk, very very relevant.
  • just know that the feeling will pass, also know that all it is is a feeling.

Dude, I just watched that one, I'm going to watch it again to get it in my head. Namaste
  • I agree with Brahm talks.

I haven't listened lately but I also felt better when I did.
    I will start back.

Thanks for the new one!
  • just know that the feeling will pass, also know that all it is is a feeling.

Thanks for posting this video. It was just what I needed to watch at this moment :)