Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

shaking, making sounds while meditating

edited January 2011 in Meditation
often i will shake and yell while meditating, especially when i'm alone. i don't experience any unpleasant feelings or visions. just lots of yelling and shaking when i sit still. its been going on for years.

i also twist my hair-compulsively when i'm not meditating.

i feel discouraged. has anyone had this experience or can share there thoughts about this?

thank you

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Do you have a medical condition? have you discussed this with your doctor?
    It sounds as if the shaking/yelling is actually a stress-release mechanism....much like your hair-twiddling....
    Possibly a touch of OCD....?

Have yourself checked, you never know.

It's fine.....
  • Observe how that urge arises.

Federica's advice is sound however.
  • aHappyNihilistaHappyNihilist Veteran
    edited January 2011
    I mean this in the kindest possible way, go see a doctor. When voluntary things start becoming involuntary.. well it's time for medical attention. The cause may be psychological, and Buddhism could help. But it also might be some genetic or degenerative disease, even brain tumors. I don't mean to frighten you, again it could be psychological.