Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Closing Threads

thickpaperthickpaper Veteran
edited January 2011 in NewBuddhist.com
Closing Threads doesn't seem very dharmic. Could they not just be moved out of the way?

In this world of censorship and propaganda it would be wholesome if this place alone could be immune.

I would wager that The Buddha wouldn't close threads;)

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Closing Threads doesn't seem very dharmic. Could they not just be moved out of the way?
    A Mod can do one of three things:
    Close a thread (this leaves it visible for those who wish to read, mark and inwardly digest the contents

Sink a thread (it gets left where it is, instead of being hauled to the top of the discussion board every time someone makes a new comment. This has been done by moe and other Mods, either to quietly deal with something which could precipitate into something more unskilful or sinister, or has actually been done by me, by request from the OP on more than one occasion.)

Delete a thread completely and erase it from the forum.

WE can also move them to the thread and post dump, but this is generally reserved for trolls, spammers and those hitching a ride wishing to spread publicity material.

In this world of censorship and propaganda it would be wholesome if this place alone could be immune.
    I couldn't agree more, wouldn't it?
    But it isn't. It's a forum, just like any other, and as such, while members behave in a way as members do on any other forum, then these things apply.
    I would wager that The Buddha wouldn't close threads;)
    If he comes on here as a Moderator, I'd wager he would. but as he hasn't applied, then we'll never know, will we?
    Is this another unconjecturable?

Looks like you're stuck with present Admin and Mod's.

Get over it.

This discussion has been closed.