Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

so much negative makka recenelt, thus understanding

ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
edited January 2011 in Buddhism Basics
Before I start, there is a major tyop in the title, it is not 'makka' is is kamma :)
Recently I have noticed several things, or shall I say had a few realizations.

I have had so many bad things happen to me recently, it started when I began to abuse valium 7 weeks ago, so is kamma basically cause and effect... Or is this a result of something I have done when I was 12 or in a past life..

One example is that no longer than an hour a go, I foolishly toppled over a bowl of seeds that were on the floor. There were out on the roof of my place as somebody was drying them out. I had to pick up every single seed, they may be slightly dirty now, so I can see this is cause of an effect, but again is this kamma or co-arising...

Comments

• Don't so much think of karma as some thing that's out to get you. In fact, there's nothing you can do about past karma. So there is no sense in worrying about it. Do what you can to make your life as great as possible now, and you will make your life better. But you must accept your life how it is right now, in this moment, and use this moment to move towards making tomorrow what you want it to be.