Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Favorite Song?

MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
edited January 2011 in General Banter

This is mine. What's yours?

Comments

• mugzymugzy Veteran
    edited January 2011
    Purple Rain by Prince

• edited January 2011

OR

(Lit. these were the most played songs in my collection)
  • Mintyfresh0Mintyfresh0 Veteran
    edited January 2011
    Your favorite song is the theme for civilization 4? haha wow mindgate you're a strange one.

Mine is

Maynard, the front man for tool is extremely spiritual and intelligent, while not specifically a buddhist, you can find many similar themes in his music. This particular song is about how fake LA and California are... and how the only way to fix it is to "flush it all away" and pray for a natural disaster. You could argue that it is the opposite of buddhist and compassionate, but if you look a bit deeper, you see the true message is how it might be easier & better for all life to die and return to the source and become one. Theres also the theme of how blinded people are by materialism and the ignorance their ego provides.

Personally, I'm with Maynard. It wouldn't be such a bad thing if the entire planet exploded... these bodies, this world, is just an illusion.
  • edited January 2011
    THAT SONG IS AWESOME! (So's the game; much better than V.)
  • MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    edited January 2011
    Baba Yetu is fucking amazing. So is Civ 4.

Surprisingly, this girl knew the song Baba Yetu, in school, and began singing it when I mentioned it. :eek:
  • edited January 2011
    Great vid, DD! (Really great.)

• B5CB5C Veteran
    I have two: