Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Ngondro

edited January 2011 in Faith & Religion
Can someone please tell me how one goes about beginning the above practices? I realise one would learn to meditate and then take refuge, etc, but then what? Who do they approach to start them, for example?

Comments

• You find a sangha where that is offered.
  • So if I joined the local Kagyu Samye Dzong, once I had taken refuge they would tell me to start the practices kind of thing? Or once I had taken refuge would I need to ask to do them?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Have moved this to 'your religion' because the majority of beginners won't have a single clue what on earth this thread is about.
    Thanks!
  • edited January 2011
    Hi Ikiryo,

You need to receive instruction for these practices offline at your centre.It's not necessary to do them straight after Refuge.
    Ask a lama or senior monk or nun about them. Often there are organised Ngondro sessions and one needs empowerments for some of them eg for Vajrasattva and Vajra Yogini, depending on the school you practice with.

kind wishes,

D.
  • Thank you!