Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

music and meditation

edited January 2011 in Meditation
Hi new to the website and Buddhism.
Is it ok to listen to music while meditating ?

I don't listen to music when l sit down and meditate, but lm curious if its alright to do when lm practicing walking meditation. If so any good examples of appropriate music would be appreciated.

Comments

• yes, it is fine...

instrumental music, tool (specially intro of pushit), samael, therion, some happy italian songs... there's many music that can complement meditation.
  • seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran
    Do you feel a need to distract yourself from the act of walking, with music? Is "just walking" not good enough? It's not necessarily bad, but what is the reason for doing so?
  • I often listen to music before meditation, but not during. I find listening to it helps me relax a bit. But listening to it during meditation is a distraction for me.