Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Bored

MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
edited January 2011 in General Banter
Its cold, dark, and windy outside. Its cold in my house too. I'm too lazy to do anything that involves physical-labor anyways. I don't feel like meditating. I don't want to take a nap, but thats what I'll probably do anyways. I don't have any ideas to do anything creative. I don't want to play games.

Gaaah, I have nothing to do. I wish I could do something productive on the computer. Charity work, perhaps.

Any ideas?

Comments

• edited January 2011
    If you have computer and web skills, maybe you could check out some non-profits in your area, and see if they need any volunteer help along those lines. Anything from word processing to website design. And what about that Zen center you mentioned before--maybe they could use some computer expertise of some sort.
  • MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    But, I can't do that right now. :(
  • So what is it you wanted ideas about?
    What I can do right now.
  • You seem to enjoy writing. Maybe you could come up with a topic to write about. Maybe you could research magazines and online sites that might be interested in publishing or posting your writings. maybe you could research an interesting question for a thread--we could really use some interesting threads here....
  • Meditate. Whether you feel like it or not.
  • edited January 2011
    Weren't you thinking about posting a "Buddhists Wanted" poster? Design your flyer.

Or have your girlfriend over to bake cookies--a good thing to do on a cold, windy day. Build a fire in the fireplace and stare at the fire. Very meditative. Very primal.

MG, ya gotta get on your parents' Netflix account, so you can order films for yourself!
  • edited January 2011
    Haha--I guess that "kill" thread is partly my fault, for suggesting you come up with some thread topics! Well, it is an interesting one... ;)
    You say that like its a bad thing.
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    Exercise.
    I'm too lazy to do anything that involves physical-labor anyways.
    I suspect the state of your mind and body are more closely linked than you think.
  • You say that like its a bad thing.
    No, I was just surprised to see a new thread pop up so soon after I made some suggestions.

How's your evening going?

"I suspect the state of your mind and body are more closely linked than you think."

Well, I'm overweight and did quite a bit of physical activities today. I have reason to be lazy at 7 o'clock (time I posted OP) at night.

Sorry, took offense to that.
  • What does being overweight have to do with exercising today or right now? If anything, that's an *excellent* reason TO exercise! You'll be amazed at how much better a simple 20 minute walk can make you feel. And if that works, try 25 minutes tomorrow, then 30 minutes the next day. Pretty soon you'll be looking forward to it, and (magically) you may even find you've lost weight at some point.

Finding excuses not to do it can be a full time occupation. As the commercial says though... just do it. :)
  • edited January 2011
    Maybe MG is tired from all the physical activity earlier today. Maybe he already took his walk. Maybe he's unwinding after a long day. I think we can cut him a little slack on that count.
  • I have found that the days when I least want to do yoga and/or meditate are actually the most important - and definately the most benificial - days to do those.
    edited January 2011
    I already walked for an hour+ today.
  • Great!
    edited January 2011
    Then that sounds like being tired and resting, not being lazy.