Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

might help you understand reality/life a little better

beingbeing Veteran
edited January 2011 in Arts & Writings
For some people a very long waited video on consciousness, neuroscience, time, reality, life & death etc, unification of relativity and quantum mechanics has just been released a few hours ago:

Comments

• Fab! Thanks, being.
  • ShiftPlusOneShiftPlusOne Veteran
    edited January 2011
    Not bad. What on earth does he mean by c=consciousness though?
  • beingbeing Veteran
    edited January 2011
    ShiftPlusOne. It is a theorem proposed by him. He tries to explain Consciousness in mathematics, so it can be used as a constant in physics. I believe to comprehend this fully one needs to be quite knowledgeable and understanding on the theory and mathematics of quantum mechanics and physics overall. At least for me this second part of the video is quite hard to understand. :)
    But it has surely inspired me to look more into physics and I'm sure if all of this is right, I'll one day 'get it' fully.

Btw. There was also a live stream casted like ~5 hours after the release. It was also recorded and can be found on http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/12221835
    In this video the author of these new ideas tries his hardest to explain everything as simply as he can.
    I found these ideas very compatible and in harmony with everything I have learned from spiritualism and Buddhism so far. :)
  • Well, c, in that equation is just the speed of light in a vacuum. He doesn't elaborate on it or bring it up later... he just says it and moves on. Admittedly, I lost interest at that point, so I wasn't paying much attention, so I might have missed it.

I'll watch the second half again later when I have time.

The first part is very much in line with everything I've learned and he does a great job as summarising it. I don't doubt the validity of the last parts, but "c=consciousness" raises some red flags.
  • You probably did not check out the ustream recording, so maybe this is short enough to be worth of your time - http://athenism.net/forum/topics/2057690:Topic:692783?xg_source=activity
    :)