Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

vedic meditation

edited January 2011 in Meditation
Hi

i want to really establish some strict meditation practice and have been researching meditation classes held in london I came across vedic meditation and I cant seem to find anything more on this topic than that one place that holds the classes. Has any attend a vedic meditation class?

thanks

LL

Comments

• as far as i know, vedic was the religion that was the basis for buddhism and hinduism... and there's really no vedic religion now.
  • Well, I'd say a vedic religion is one that is based on the Vedas... and there are certainly many of those. Hinduism is very much based on the Vedas. Some branches of Russian neo-paganism are also based on the Vedas.

So, I wouldn't say there are no vedic religions.
  • i think im getting far from what im after i've now come across something called Kirtan, I may just head to the bookshops!

thanks for the replies!

LL