Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Woah, woah, what?

MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
edited January 2011 in Meditation
I don't know if it was some kind of random emotional outburst, but I began my first time chanting Om Mani Padme Hum and then began to tear up a little.

:skeptic:

Comments

• DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited January 2011
    Keep it up, see what happens. Dont be afraid of a few tears.

The very first time I meditated, the image of the Buddha spontaneously began to exude loveing-kindness and was kind of glowing. (I did NOT make that up--I was just trying to focus on the Buddha image, nothing more.)

Don't freak out. Just go with the flow. :) Stay focussed.

You, meditating-- :bawl:
    (just kidding...)
  • MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    edited January 2011
    :-/

Anyways, I swear, chanting it makes me feel like... I don't know. Its different than zazen. I have a different feeling.

Like, with Zazen, I feel this oneness feeling, like I'm falling into a blackness full of love.

With chanting, my body sort of feels like... theres a line of energy flowing through me.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Don't focus on it. Observe it, see it, feel it by all means, but don't make it important. Just accept it as part of an ongoing process.
    Such events are wonderful at the time, doubtless, but they can inhibit expansion and progress. It can fool you into thinking, you've "got it" and that's now all you need to do.
    Continue your practice.
    You've come so far.
    You still have a long way to go.

(this goes for all of us, by the way.... ;) )
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Don't focus on it. Observe it, see it, feel it by all means, but don't make it important. Just accept it as part of an ongoing process.
    Such events are wonderful at the time, doubtless, but they can inhibit expansion and progress. It can fool you into thinking, you've "got it" and that's now all you need to do.
    Continue your practice.
    You've come so far.
    You still have a long way to go.

(this goes for all of us, by the way.... ;) )
    Very good points!
  • Ajhan Chah

Do not try to become anything.
    Do not make yourself into anything.
    Do not be a meditator.
    Do not become enlightened.
    When you sit, let it be.
    What you walk, let it be.
    Grasp at nothing.
    Resist nothing.

If you haven't wept deeply, you haven't begun to meditate

• If you haven't wept deeply, you haven't begun to meditate
    Doesn't that imply that you should try to weep??? Surely such a statement goes contrary to the rest of what you're saying.
  • This is a quote. I am not saying anything. Trying to weep is like trying to understand. You will know when it occurs - no trying involved.
  • :)
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    This is a quote. I am not saying anything. Trying to weep is like trying to understand. You will know when it occurs - no trying involved.
    I have wept!:)
    Thanks!