Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Making Meditation Appealing

AllbuddhaBoundAllbuddhaBound Veteran
edited January 2011 in Meditation
As strange as it may sound, I have meditated for a number of years but I had never considered making the focus on the breath inviting. I viewed it as a chore without even considering making it appeal to me. I find when I develop this happy place to view my breath from, I more often default to mindfulness.

I learned this from listening to Thanissaro Bhikkhu's Dhamma talks here - http://www.dhammatalks.org/

I highly recommend these teachings. I learned about the link on this board and I am eternally grateful.

Comments

• For me, expectation ruins meditation. The last BuddhistSocietyWA talk touches on that. Care for your mind rather than force results. If you mind wanders, if you need to think for a while, if you fall asleep, so be it.
  • Indeed, result comes naturally, is inherent nature, forcing and expectation go against nature calm. However, it's a positive expectation and force to begin the journey and meditation.