Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

should i meditate with hearing aids on??

edited February 2011 in Meditation
Or off

Comments

• I'd say off since it is a positive to have fewer distractions and I think you should take advantage of - when else is being hard of hearing an advantage? ;)
  • P.S. I always take my glasses off for the same reason - fuzz is more relaxing
  • Neither, both. See if it makes any difference at all.
  • It's not the barking dog that disturbs you. You disturb the barking dog.
  • GlowGlow Veteran
    edited January 2011
    It depends on how bad your hearing is. What if the smoke alarm goes off? Although, most people probably don't sleep with their HA's in, so I guess it would be fine.
  • Meditate with hearing aids on? Whatever for?
  • Your mind/heart is the optimum hearing aid for meditation.
  • @sadsoul, Ask yourself this: are you trying to hear things clearly and understand what it is you hear (on an intellectual level), or would you rather be able to simply acknowledge "sound"? Your answer is your answer. :D
  • edited February 2011
    Try it both ways. Its funny in that I happen to wear glasses, and sometimes when I sit, I forget completely that they're on.