Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Discussion on dream and sleep yoga

edited February 2011 in Meditation
I am working on conscious sleep and dreams.which i observed in this field i.e 1- mostly i go to sleep with unconsciousness. 2-when i sleep with consciousness i feel very happy next day. and feel energetic all the day.
3- i notice the day when i don,t do anger then the quality of sleep is very good.4. also food habit also get its effect.
i invite you all the dream worker for sharing and guiding me

Comments

• hi yogi2

a good book to read is the Art of Dreaming by Carlos Castaneda. Not a Buddhist book - but really interesting
  • Thanks for mention the book. i m searching the book on net.but it is not downloading.i will try to purchase it from rishikesh. any practical information and experience for sleep and dream yoga are welcome.
    i like to make a online group 4 a sleep and dream yoga .the members can give theres suggestions/guidelines and share practical exp.and we can collect data for sleep and dream yoga from this online retreat
  • MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    Lucid dreaming...?
  • to see dream in dream is lucid dreaming
  • Don't know if you have read the Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep, but it's very good. It has many practical instructions for meditation and helpful tips. I would highly recommend it.
  • i have read this good book.i also read it oftenly when guidance required. actually i want to come in the contact that persons who did this practical itself and want to share with them for guidelines and discover the journey of sleep and dream yoga together
  • A dream diary helps. Keep it by the bed. Each time you wake up write down what you can remember about what you were dreaming. Sharpens skills. Real traction is when you know you are dreaming when you are dreaming. Then is interactive. Feeling good the next day after dreaming is probably because you spent more time in Alpha, while most of sleep is in Delta. I often sleep for hours with the snooze alarm going off every few minutes for this reason. I don't have any trouble getting back to sleep, and the initial phase is Alpha. So more time in Alpha.
  • One of the foremost persons who has mastered Milam (as it is known in Tibetan) is HH Minling Trichen Rinpoche, Father of Ven Khandro Rinpoche. Unfortunately he passed away a few years back, which means a great loss for those of us interested in the practice. Perhaps if you are lucky enough you might receive some instruction from Khandro Rinpoche herself.