Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Breath Trails/Questions of Time?

edited February 2011 in Meditation
I find, as a new meditator, that I'm just constantly noticing my breath a millisecond after it's just happened, each step of the way; the whole inbreath, little pause, the whole outbreath, and the longer open pause before breathing back in. I feel like I'm remembering it by the very slightest margin... Does this ring any bells with any more experienced meditators out there?
All this to say, I find myself feeling like I'm missing the present moment;
I also find myself sometimes still wondering what exactly to watch about the breath; my focus is blurry because I don't know exactly what to remain focused on....
I feel like I can't surf my breath because I keep just missing the wave by a millisecond, and anyways it seems like it's just alot of choppy water and not much wave in any case!
Any advice, my friends?
Thank you, and may you be filled with ease, joy, happiness, and bliss! It's there underneath all this noise, I know:)

Comments

• ravkesravkes Veteran
    edited February 2011
    You can't miss the present moment because you're always experiencing it.

Why don't you just trying sitting there? If you haven't realized you're already naturally aware of anything anyways. You don't have to do anything.