Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Consciousness

taiyakitaiyaki Veteran
edited February 2011 in Philosophy

Discussion on consciousness. Suggested by people.

Comments

• Interesting. This sounds like religion in scientific words. Maybe this is where religion and science meet.
  • "Universal Consciousness". Sounds like he believes consciousness is a field, like the electro-magnetic field. I've read work by physicists who talk about the "mind field".

Notice that he's with Maharishi University. That's good, in that they have funding to do scientific research that no one else will do. But it also means they could have an agenda to find what they want to find. Just saying...
  • But it also means they could have an agenda to find what they want to find. Just saying...
    True... I think when you get to a certain depth of science, it becomes quite subjective. I think there is a field of inter-dependent yet empty of inherent existence minds... but not one giant mind! I think if you get to a certain power of perception... "self" manifesting really starts to become obvious and that's the hardest level of power to cut through via dependent origination/emptiness.
  • I'd like to see these people do research Kundalini, including the changes in consciousness and/or the mind field that occur during a Kundalini event. If you can't count on Maharishi University for this type of research, who can you count on?
  • I'd like to see these people do research Kundalini, including the changes in consciousness and/or the mind field that occur during a Kundalini event. If you can't count on Maharishi University for this type of research, who can you count on?
    I'd be very interested to know... They'd have to test people getting shaktipat though... which might be a hard thing to time. Unless they hooked new-be's up to devices at an intensive given by a shatkipat Guru. They should have done it during Muktanandas days, people really had some crazy experiences with him, mind blowing!
  • taiyakitaiyaki Veteran
    edited February 2011
    http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/mystical_brain/

Documentary about scientists doing studies on "mystical experiences".