Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Tomb of Jesus Theory + Ajani Theory (Highly Controversial!)

ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
edited December 2005 in Faith & Religion
Hmm, tell me why am I always going against the flow by introducing and thinking up alternative theories...

WARNING: The below content may affect your trust in the Church, as well as your experience of Christ.

Anyway a few days ago I stumbled across this website while looking for evidence of the Buddha's teachings influencing dear Jesus's teachings.

http://www.tombofjesus.com

Uncovered evidence suggests that Jesus never really died on the cross accroding to modern medical standards - just the primitive medical standards of the past. Then for some reason he survived and somehow disappeared and walked to India and died there, calling himself Isa, that will remind some of us of the name of the Prophet in Islam.

Seems a little interesting to me, now I'm trying to come up with a collective theory according to the different theories and religions of who this Jesus could really be, (everyone murmurs: a total waste of time :doh: ) And well, unless the evidence on the website are all total forgeries, I believe that an ounce of truth remains in the theory. Truly, I had believed that perhaps the teachings of Jesus was misunderstood by the Church from the start. Jesus himself could very well have believed himself dead too, then revived, just as moderns who experienced NDE (Near-Death Experience) believe themselves dead, then alive.

Also, the Son of God could very well be interpreted non-literally as one Created by God himself. Jesus said that through him could one reach the Father. That could be that by following his behaviour could one be loved and accepted by God. The visions of angels who came down to announce the birth of Christ could be very much be the birth of a new Prophet - like the coming of a new Matreiya. Many more examples could be re-interpreted to give someone new understanding of the teachings. Pardon me for my poor understanding of the Gospel, as well as my controversial take on it.

Comments

• edited December 2005
    It just goes to show what sort of stuff is on the net these days. Whatever happened to tasteless videos and bad jokes?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2005
    They're all on e-sangha.....:lol:
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited December 2005
    Actually I was dammed shocked by E-Sangha the last time I visited... Is it because they are so big in size or diversity that you cannot browse through more than 3 links without hearing something negative?
  • edited December 2005
    i feel like theres a link in he jesus/sidartha story. either jesus was affected by buddha, or maybe jesus was a buddha, theres just a lot of similiarities.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited December 2005
    Craig wrote:
    i feel like theres a link in he jesus/sidartha story. either jesus was affected by buddha, or maybe jesus was a buddha, theres just a lot of similiarities.

Truth often resembles itself!
  • edited December 2005
    Truth often resembles itself!

How profound, I'll have to remember that one !
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited December 2005
    Jesus wasn't the son of god because God wouldn't have to send his son. That's the problem with human interpretations as opposed to the truth. People were very primitive back then and believed anything. That region of the world where all this happenned is still the same. Primitive.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2005
    Hello Comic! Long time no see! Nice to see you among us again - !! :)
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited December 2005
    Damm, Simon! That's an amazing quote I can think of to use in many places! Don't mind me using it in my O Level essays do you?

I don't know. I may be very wrong. All points of research into theology and philosophy from me always starts from the assumption that this stuff is all true - then I work down and then take a critics' viewpoint. I believe that unlike the Muslims, who from the start read the Qu'Ran non-literally, the Christians took everything literally and thus you could see the foolishness in it (sorry for "foolishness" - but no better word for use).
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited December 2005
    federica wrote:
    Hello Comic! Long time no see! Nice to see you among us again - !! :)

Don't worry. I am always lurking in the shadows.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited December 2005
    ajani_mgo wrote:
    Damm, Simon! That's an amazing quote I can think of to use in many places! Don't mind me using it in my O Level essays do you?

I don't know. I may be very wrong. All points of research into theology and philosophy from me always starts from the assumption that this stuff is all true - then I work down and then take a critics' viewpoint. I believe that unlike the Muslims, who from the start read the Qu'Ran non-literally, the Christians took everything literally and thus you could see the foolishness in it (sorry for "foolishness" - but no better word for use).

Foolishness is a very good, scriptural word, Ajani. Paul speaks about the "folly of the Cross". It is the hierophants and priests and hierarchies who have tried to pretend it's sane and sensible.