Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Books about mindfulness at work?

mugzymugzy Veteran
edited February 2011 in Arts & Writings
My girlfriend wanted to find a book about how to apply mindfulness or meditation techniques while working. I have lots of meditation instruction but none on this particular subject. I'm thinking she would like something in the Zen tradition. Ideally I would like to find something by Thich Nhat Hanh, he has written many books so I feel like there must be something by him that would apply. Suggestions?

Comments

• johnathanjohnathan Canada Veteran
    Peace is Every Step... The whole book is about how to apply mindfulness into our daily actities and I found it very useful.
  • MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    Well... theres a book called "What Would Buddha Do?" which describes how Buddha would react to everyday situations and activities. I'm not a big fan of it, but she could give it a try I suppose.
  • "Awake at Work", by Michael Carroll. Very good.
  • While I work I just try to focus on my working not focus on being Buddhist, maybe it's a flaw of mine.