Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A cup of morning tea

TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existenceSamsara Veteran
edited February 2011 in Arts & Writings
The whistle blows and in my cup I pour the sun, the earth and the sky, making a most delicious cup of tea.
Planted on a distant shore, cared for and harvested,many beings labored many beings died for my cup of tea.
In the kettle, used to boil the sky, and in the stoves fire, much thought, sweat, and energy were were poured into their creation-allowing me to make this cup of tea.
The cup, crafted by yet another unnamed soul, my brother, my sister shaped this vessel that contains all of life.
I sit with all of them this morning and bow to their generosity and quietly say thank you, as I sip
My cup of tea.

Comments

• MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    All I have to say is: I liked it. :)
  • it's amazing how satisfying a simple cup of tea can be. :)
  • The wonder of the morning and healing sleep. Thank the mystery. Thank the heavens. Thank the brain.
  • All I want is tea. Green tea fights virus!
  • TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran
    I love tea! Black in the AM, green tea in the afternoon, and herbal tea at night and just before bed :)
  • Green tea: good for you too.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/press_releases/benefit_of_drinking_green_tea
    Does anyone have any info on the white tea that's come onto the market recently?
    I do not like tea. I bought some tea today hoping I'd like it, but its just too bitter for me.
  • edited February 2011
    I do not like tea. I bought some tea today hoping I'd like it, but its just too bitter for me.
    Nah. C'mon Buddy. It's GOOD for you! I don't care if it's cold and tastes "bad," I'll drink, or slug down what I brewed earlier in the day rather than throw it out since it happens to be green tea and has all those health benefits.

• I do not like tea. I bought some tea today hoping I'd like it, but its just too bitter for me.
    You may've bought the wrong kind for your taste buds. There's a dizzying variety out there. Try some of the herbal teas made from rooibos (a South African plant). It's pretty smooth. and they mix it with different herbs to create different flavors.
    :)
  • How exactly is rooibos pronounced? Roo as in kanga? ib like bib? os like uno dos?
  • No, it's pronounced "RO" , like "road". roo-i-bos = red in the bush, or: African redbush tea. ROY-bos. and yes, "bos" as in "dos", more or less. :)
  • edited February 2011
    I've read about Pu-er tea. It's really expensive, isn't it? But the good thing is that it's a village business in Yunnan, not a corporate or government-owned enterprise. According to what I read. What is it you like about it, Roger?

Get some Pu'er Tea!!

Yeah baby!! Yeah! :D
  • TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran
    I see my morning musings brought out the "tea crowd" :p
  • edited February 2011
    I've read about Pu-er tea. It's really expensive, isn't it? But the good thing is that it's a village business in Yunnan, not a corporate or government-owned enterprise. According to what I read. What is it you like about it, Roger?
    Hey c_w. It's got an earthy flavor. Very nice. Not like the teas I've tasted before (not that I'm an expert). Our most splendid Tibetan house guest enjoyed it, which now makes it taste even better forever.

:coffee: I bought some Tazo brand tea. Its the kind entitled "Zen." I like that kind. :)
  • that shit is cash! love the lemon with green tea. get bengal spice people.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited February 2011
    Hey c_w. It's got an earthy flavor. Very nice. Not like the teas I've tasted before (not that I'm an expert). Our most splendid Tibetan house guest enjoyed it, which now makes it taste even better forever.

But Roger, is pu'er a caffeinated tea, or caffeine-free? And do you know if white tea has caffeine?

Love your emoticon. How do you get it to post on our site? (I'm tech-challenged.)

• I use to love sweet iced tea, but these days I find myself drinking it hot and with little sugar added, just a spooful or two. I don't really delve into different varieties, I just pick up boxes of this inexpensive little brand (called Bromley) at the local grocery store).
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited February 2011
    speaking of sweet iced tea, has anyone tried the Thai iced tea they serve in thai restaurants? Really incredible, and very refreshing, tasty stuff. Conducive to attachment. ;)
  • I've never even been in a Thai restaurant.
    Check it out--you'll be hooked. :) Like Chinese food, only better. Then there's the iced tea... and the black sticky-rice for dessert!
    Check it out--you'll be hooked. :) Like Chinese food, only better. Then there's the iced tea... and the black sticky-rice for dessert!
    I hate to say it, but I'm pretty unadventurous when it comes to food. still, may have to do so some time. I can usually find at least one thing on the menu I'll like ok, and there's a little Thai place down the road my wife's been wanting to check out.

• Go for it, Box! The iced tea is best in summer, of course. Much better than ice cream to beat the heat. :)
  • get bengal spice people.
    I vote for Bengal Spice! And any unsweetened spicy chai.

• Tibetan butter tea (in moderation. butter tea = Cholesterol City!)
  • Tibetan butter tea (in moderation. butter tea = Cholesterol City!)
    That's on my "bucket list" of foods to try.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited March 2011
    That's on my "bucket list" of foods to try.
    Different people prepare it different ways. some use a sweetener. IMO it's best plain (that's the most authentic). If you can get your hands on some barely flour and throw a handful into the tea--even better! The barley flour has a nice, nutty flavor.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    That's "barley" flour, not "barely" flour. :rolleyes: