Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Thoughts on Buddha Boy?

DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
edited March 2011 in General Banter
Ram Bahadur Bomjon (Sanskrit: राम बहादुर बामजान) (born c. 9 April 1990, sometimes spelt Bomjan, Banjan, or Bamjan), also known as Palden Dorje (his monastic name) and now Dharma Sangha, is from Ratanapuri village, Bara district, Nepal. Some of his supporters have claimed that he is a reincarnation of the Buddha, but Ram himself has denied this, and many practitioners of Buddhism agree that the Buddha has entered nirvana and cannot be reborn.
He drew thousands of visitors and media attention by spending months in meditation. Nicknamed the Buddha Boy, he began his meditation on 16 May 2005. He reportedly disappeared from the hollow tree where he had been meditating for months on 16 March 2006, but was found by some followers a week later. He told them he had left his meditation place, where large crowds had been watching him, "because there is no peace". He then went his own way and reappeared elsewhere in Nepal on 26 December 2006, but left again on 8 March 2007. On 26 March 2007, inspectors from the Area Police Post Nijgadh in Ratanapuri found Bomjon meditating inside a bunker-like ditch seven feet square.
On 10 November 2008, Bomjon reappeared in Ratanapuri and spoke to a group of devotees in the remote jungle.

Comments

• CloudCloud Veteran
    We just had a thread on this...
  • MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    Yeah, a couple of weeks ago.

But anyways... I think... well, I really don't know to be honest. I'm curious of other's ideas, though.
  • TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran
    I hope his practice is benificial to him. Those who seek after him for an answer will not find it.
    With metta,
    todd
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Sorry if that is the case Mods can delete this thread.
    I will search before I post next time.
    I hope his practice is benificial to him. Those who seek after him for an answer will not find it.
    With metta,
    todd
    Agreed.
    I am reading some of his words and they are nice.
    Yeah, a couple of weeks ago.

But anyways... I think... well, I really don't know to be honest. I'm curious of other's ideas, though.
    I think he might be legit.
    Hasn't he been meditating for months?
    No Food, Water or anything else.
    Another video:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Thread closed due to over-abundance of similar threads discussing same thing.
    Thanks leon... :)
This discussion has been closed.