Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Ram Bahadur Bamjan

edited December 2005 in Buddhism Basics
Is Ram Bahadur Bamjan the real deal or a fund raising front for maoist guerilla's. What do you think?

Comments

• edited December 2005
    Well he certainly isn't the reincarnation of the Buddha and I have a strong suspicion that it'll come out that it's a con job pretty soon.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2005
    Is Ram Bahadur Bamjan the real deal or a fund raising front for maoist guerilla's. What do you think?

Who?
  • edited December 2005
    The kid they're trying to make money out of in Nepal, who is being touted by some as a reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited December 2005
    Unfortunately, I have no idea. Part of me goes along with what Zenmonk has stated.

But, on the other hand, it could be true.

And what does it have to do with me or my enlightenment? Not a thing, damnit.

But, even Siddartha Gotama didn't claim any extraordinary power of fasting for 6 months - at least I don't believe this was the case. He was just a man, who tried many things, and finally came to his awakening. Nothing mystic. Nothing magical.

-bf