Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

An Impression

edited March 2011 in Philosophy
It is much observed, and thus further known that, ultimately, it is of the mind that leads the mind astray. It is the impression from experience that determines the morphology of an object. Likewise, it is the impression of an experience that determines the morphology of a subject. If i were to be burned by fire, for instance, then my mind would interpret the occurrence as pain further leading to an understanding of displeasure or eminent danger in reference to my whole being. This, in turn, would lead my mind into interpreting fire as something to avoid...That being said - Where the true nature of mind comes into being is in its impressive interpretation. Observing this - I know that if I subtract the bias of the fire being wrong, insofar that I am avoiding it, and subtract the bias of my avoidance to the fire being the right choice, positing that i am not being harmed accordingly, then conclusively the space between both biases should lead me to a discipline. Now we all know fire is dangerous yet can be utilized with the correct respect, discipline, and knowledge. Such is the way of an unfettered mind then - just as one has found fire to be dangerous yet useful when used in the correct discipline, perhaps our methods of interpretation within the mind must be cared for in the same manner. It is the continual self practice of mindful focus, utilizing both perception and observation by way of moderation - not too much and not too little of either or - thus our minds should be impressed by their very being, their very experience, of the adaptive nature.
Furthermore, I find it important to keep the idea of Buddhism in mind as a catalyst, among many, to a way rather then an ultimatum to heal the said self. After all, it is the culmination of many things that ultimately make a thing whole. It is of my impression.

Comments

• zenffzenff Veteran
    edited March 2011
    Yes, be careful with fire.
    :)

And like fire, use Buddhist concepts wisely and avoid harm.
    They are tools for our liberation.
  • lol...This what i wrote is kind of confusing, i realize. In summary, im basically exemplifying my impression of the middle way. As practice, i have been using ordinary observances of life to guide me.
  • zenffzenff Veteran
    Sounds pretty OK to me.

We all have to find our own “understanding” and - more importantly – realization of the Buddha Way.

No words are ultimately accurate - so please don’t start about confusion!
    This forum is all about it!
    :D