Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Absolutely fascinating piece on choice & individuality

Comments

• Thanks for sharing that
  • Very interesting and a lot of good points. Thanks, mountains!
  • TandaTanda Explorer
    Yes, it is interesting but why they needed Fish and Michigan? Is is not some thing too obvious?
    A bottle of whiskey evokes different responses to a teetotaler and alcoholic. The differences are individualistic, be it preferential or ideologist or educationist influence. Culture is one of the factors that influences the way we think and so the way we prefer.

The point to note is that the thoughts or choices we think as our own are the result of what we are already molded into. The ownership is illusory. We are helpless against this mold until we become aware of it.

At times we we shape our whole lives based on a foundation of this molded framework and even get stuck with the thought pattern or choices.

My question is: When I strip myself of this mold layered on another interior mold which in turn has a layer beneath it.... and finally peal onion of all its layers what am I left with and what I do with 'it'?